Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 F/W updating

Reaction score
I have been flying my I2 for almost a year now and have had very good success. The F/W - S/W configuration I am using is the following: A/c : 01.00.033, Go 4 app: 4.1.0, R/C: 01.00.0210, Camera : 01.02.15.04, Flight database: 00.00.01.04, IOS: I-pad 9.7) 10.3.2 . Litchi: 1.18.0.

My question involves the following. Since I always keep my I-Pad in 'airplane' mode, i.e. wifi always off, I am not bothered by DJI trying to always update my systems with their partially tested F/W updates. My system flys flawlessly and has never failed. However, I want to update only the LITCHI app and not the DJI apps or the IOS system, can I turn off 'airplane mode' on the I-Pad to allow it to connect to the internet to just update Litchi and not the other F/W -S/W-Apps?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes lol it’s not going to do anything you don’t tell it to do, you will be prompted to update of you open ago while on line but it will not do it for you.

Dji have never forced updated the I2.

ok doki. I was just concerned that DJI would force me to update GO 4 or possibly load some thing into the app that causes it to not allow flying with out updating the GO 4 app and then the A/C F/W.

Go into your iPad settings, look for 'iTunes & App Store' on the long list on the left hand side & click on it.
On the options page that appears, make sure that Automatic Downloads "Updates" is NOT set green. If it is then slide the slider so it goes grey. This makes sure that your iPad does not automatically download and install updates from the App Store.

To install an update, you'll need to go in and enable you wifi, connect to the wifi network, then start the App Store app. In the bottom right you will see 'updates' with a red number in a circle (the number of updates you have available to install). Click on the 'updates', then scroll through the (long :D ) list and find Litchi, then simply click on the blue 'update' icon next to its entry.

Once you've done that, go back and turn off your wifi/go back to airplane mode.

I was about to reply just make sure iOS auto app updates are off but I see it’s been posted :

Auto app updates were turned on so I moved the slider to off and did the update I needed on LITCHI only. Thanks to you and NickU for the info. I'll continue to fly the I2 with the old F/W version for the A/C and GO 4 and enjoy.

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hukumkaikka