Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RAW or Inspire 2 for new startup

Thank you for this. This is very interesting and I am quite drawn to the I1 because its far cheaper.and It doesnt look that there would be that much quality difference that would actually matter for RE/inspection work. I would then need to add about £1000 for the pfco training (as that is bundled in with the deal on the I2) + another battery or two, but that would still be coming in at about half the price of the I2 although that is excluding lenses. If I'm correct, I think the lenses for the X5Raw would be compatible with the X5S so could use them if moved to an I2 in the future.

One sticking point with the I1 though, is do I need a Mac for getting the highest quality footage off the Inspire 1 RAW SSD? I have had confirmation this morning that the second hand model does come complete with all parts including the SSD and SSD reader. I dont have a MAC so that would be more expense to consider if It can only be done with a MAC. The other question though, is that highest quality needed for this kind of work i.e. can I get good enough stills and video either from what can get put on the SD card?

Thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated.

Regards,

Greg
I have an HP z600 single cpu workstation w/6gb of ram and Elitebook laptop with 4gb of ram, that I edit my footage- I AM NOT a filmmaker so I dont need the resources to crunch through all of the software extras I do use an external HD for the scratch disk, and recommend the same to you

I have an HP z600 single cpu workstation w/6gb of ram and Elitebook laptop with 4gb of ram, that I edit my footage- I AM NOT a filmmaker so I dont need the resources to crunch through all of the software extras I do use an external HD for the scratch disk, and recommend the same to you
Thanks for that Enfofan. I will be upgrading to a new PC as my current laptop struggles with even the most bsaic video editing (like just playing a clip). What I am concerned about though is whether the software (Cinelight?) that extracts the highest quality footage from the I1Raw only runs on a Mac or not . I dont want to get a Mac as everything else I will use a system for will be on a PC.

Regards,

Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo