Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v1 broken arm?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It finally happened to me yesterday, I crashed my inspire after 6 years of trouble free flying. I broke the right arm about 1 inch in front of the black sleeve.

In looking around I see that the right arm assembly is no longer available. I can find some used on eBay but nothing new.

Couple of questions:
1. is the v2 compatible?
2. anyone know who might have this part?
3. I'm pretty handy and I think I can repair it myself if I can find a part but if I can't who do you all recommend to have it fixed? I live in Oregon.

Thank you for the help!

Hi everyone,

It finally happened to me yesterday, I crashed my inspire after 6 years of trouble free flying. I broke the right arm about 1 inch in front of the black sleeve.

In looking around I see that the right arm assembly is no longer available. I can find some used on eBay but nothing new.

Couple of questions:
1. is the v2 compatible?
2. anyone know who might have this part?
3. I'm pretty handy and I think I can repair it myself if I can find a part but if I can't who do you all recommend to have it fixed? I live in Oregon.

Thank you for the help!
That’s three questions....:D

1. Yes but you will need to replace both arms since the v2’s motors have a slightly higher KV rating.
2. Try Classifieds
3. If you Google “Drone repair Oregon” you get things like....

That’s three questions....:D

1. Yes but you will need to replace both arms since the v2’s motors have a slightly higher KV rating.
2. Try Classifieds
3. If you Google “Drone repair Oregon” you get things like....

If I'm using my same motors why would I need to replace both arms? Sorry for the question, I'm just a little confused at your answer in #1 above.

Reactions: Jim Weist
If I'm using my same motors why would I need to replace both arms? Sorry for the question, I'm just a little confused at your answer in #1 above.
If you are using your existing motors you don’t. If you are replacing the entire arm assembly including the motors you do.
It wasn’t clear from your post so assumed you were replacing the arm(s) including the motors.

You can also purchase carbon tubing if you want to repair it. Bit of a time consuming exercise from what I’ve heard, hence I took the lazy way and repaired the arm on one of mine with two different sizes of aluminium tube and tek screwed them together, clamping them on to what was left of the carbon fibre. Check the right front of the black one:
0DE8B38A-A6F7-49EF-AC7E-A11D82AAE897.jpeg0DE8B38A-A6F7-49EF-AC7E-A11D82AAE897.jpeg

Thanks for the help guys!

I received the V2 arm today. I noticed that the new arm doesn't have the silver aluminum spacers in the arm, which are inside the clamp at the "T" junction.

Before I proceed with the repair I wanted to ask if I need those? I don't see a way for me to get those off the old arm and onto the new one.

Thanks for the help guys!

I received the V2 arm today. I noticed that the new arm doesn't have the silver aluminum spacers in the arm, which are inside the clamp at the "T" junction.

Before I proceed with the repair I wanted to ask if I need those? I don't see a way for me to get those off the old arm and onto the new one.
Were you able to figure it out? I need to replace an arm as well and there aren't many V1.0 available. Did the V2 work for you?

Were you able to figure it out? I need to replace an arm as well and there aren't many V1.0 available. Did the V2 work for you?
i have a set of V1 arms for sale if you need them. I actually have a whole V1 torn down so if you need any other parts let me know

i have a set of V1 arms for sale if you need them. I actually have a whole V1 torn down so if you need any other parts let me know
Thank you! Good to know. I actually purchased one off of Amazon. But will keep you in mind if I need anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44