Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 X3 Gimbal Issue with video

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've searched the forums and could not find anything that matches my issue in the video below. I did find a few posts that reflect my horizon level issue, however, something happened the other day on a flight when I was trying to deal with the unlevel horizon. Florida is a windy state in general, and I'm always (literally every flight, every shot) battling my gimbal roll. I have to leave the gimbal roll adjust window open on every flight, and sometimes have to max out the adjustments to have the horizon level.

I bought the Litchi app yesterday for some of the flight modes the DJI go app doesn't offer for the Inspire one version 2. When I opened it I was bummed out to see that I can't adjust the gimbal roll in the app so now I seek help from the community so I can have my camera/gimbal/roll/horizon issue taken care of and use Litchi.

I was doing a job the other day, and was setting up for an orbit around the POI when this happened:

After landing I shut it down, took the camera off, put it back on, and it was fine again.

Since this flight, I did an IMU calibration but my gimbal roll still needs to be manually adjusted often to keep the horizon level. From what I read some people say the horizon issue is normal for the Inspire 1 V2. My inspire has been super solid and reliable, never has an issue beyond the gimbal roll, and the isolated incident seen in the video above. I'm on the latest version of the App, and all firmware.

I should mention I had zero control over the camera in the video.

Last edited:
Glad you solved it, there must have been something wrong to begin with, I live in Miami and no matter how windy it gets, ;least of my problems is roll. I've had a bouncing lens with the OLY 12-42 zoom which is really not balancing right (actually saw a post in the DJI forum that claims balance issues after firmware update) but never roll or anything that extreme.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjamin123