Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Camera Won't Look Straight Ahead - HELP!

You're not going to believe this. I returned the drone to Adorama because its sideways tilt was so bad I couldn't use it on paid jobs. They sent me a brand new Inspire 2 and X5S. I earnestly fired it up to test for a straight facing camera, and to my great dismay, IT'S STILL CROOKED. I have no idea what to do. I went through all the suggested calibrations and this new one also looks slightly to the left. I'm a full time professional filmmaker and this is just upsetting. I'm forced to use my Inspire 1 because at least the camera faces straight forward. And word from DJI on this?

Last edited:
Evidently they know about it, but unlikely to admit it. If you read the recent GO 4 version 4.1.5 change log, it was posted that a "Gimbal Yaw Correction" was added to the Inspire 2, but it wasn't there. It did appear in the Phantom P4, but it doesn't do anything other than change the roll and not the yaw. Numbers don't change either. Go figger!?! Maybe in 4.1.6 or later....

When DJI puts out an update, there seems to be a good likelihood it is screwed up someplace.

This is driving me mad as well. I have a documentary to film in two weeks and I must have messed with this for three hours yesterday before concluding that it had to be firmware.

Reactions: ronin rs211
I have the same problem with both X4S and X5S. As a matter of fact, my P4P has the same problem. My I1 as well. Seems to be another dji trademark...

Reactions: Skylux Media
I've just updated my firmware and have same issue!!! Does anyone have a fix for this? it's Saturday night, was wanting to fly tomorrow, but looks like Dji support aren't around till Monday :(

905245af9f1823b5a94f23d683ec1725.jpg
1491e620524b73e4bd46e858d9421a71.jpg
d00de93120e2936da0048d15d8c14fe1.jpg

Yeah my tilted x4s very annoying I have done calibration and IMu thousand times [emoji15]

@ajobmuse: It looks you have a problem with gimbal roll (not yaw). If that's the case, you might want to try tapping on the I2 icon at the top of the screen in camera view, then the camera icon (one up from the bottom), and then Adjust Gimbal Roll and experiment to get the camera level.

Hope this helps.

Andy

@ajobmuse: It looks you have a problem with gimbal roll (not yaw). If that's the case, you might want to try tapping on the I2 icon at the top of the screen in camera view, then the camera icon (one up from the bottom), and then Adjust Gimbal Roll and experiment to get the camera level.

Hope this helps.

Andy
thank you i'll try hat in the morning.

Try #29 idea while on the ground an let it sit for a few minutes to see if it drifts. Fwiw, mine will hunt slowly back and forth with the "Yaw" while on the ground as if it is warming up the electronics, but the horizon seems to stay level. It may be doing it in the air to some degree too, but I chalk it up to wind.

However, in the air, I often have to press the C2 and right roller to level the horizon, and I leave the green grid turned on as a reference. That adjustment isn't as smooth as I'd like either. Sometimes one roller click is too much, while other times it takes a lot of roller clicks to even move it. Occurs with the P4 as well. Yawing the camera or drone 90 degrees may throw it off again too, and a 360 may end up with it level as with the start, but each 90 degrees is some leveling problem. Best not to yaw and depend on it to be level. These things are far from perfect, imho.

Last edited:
Normal with ALL brushless gimbals to a degree.
It is caused by the weighting factor given in the PID tuning and the dead zone around center point.
Deal with it - it just happens.
Press and hold C2 + wheel will tune on the fly.

If you have not already figured it out, you must send the x4s by itself into DJI. they will send you another one. It took about a month to send and receive. Now is perfect.

Normal with ALL brushless gimbals to a degree.
It is caused by the weighting factor given in the PID tuning and the dead zone around center point.
Deal with it - it just happens.
Press and hold C2 + wheel will tune on the fly.

Deal with it? It pointed straight ahead before the last firmware update so it's not the norm I'm afraid.

You're not going to believe this. I returned the drone to Adorama because its sideways tilt was so bad I couldn't use it on paid jobs. They sent me a brand new Inspire 2 and X5S. I earnestly fired it up to test for a straight facing camera, and to my great dismay, IT'S STILL CROOKED. I have no idea what to do. I went through all the suggested calibrations and this new one also looks slightly to the left. I'm a full time professional filmmaker and this is just upsetting. I'm forced to use my Inspire 1 because at least the camera faces straight forward. And word from DJI on this?

I had the same problem if I understand it correctly. You are saying the camera won't reset to match the FPV? If so, I returned the x4s as they are aware of the problem. I got a new one in about a month and it works fine. Was not software.

You can now straighten and manually adjust Gimbal Yaw in the Go App the same place you set the gimbal roll settings in latest app and firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool