Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 for industrial/inspection

Reaction score
Im on the verge of ordering the inspire 1 or 2 the issue i have with the inspire 2 is there is no zooming camera for it and im looking for a multi-purpose drone that can be used for inspecting towers, roofs etc.. but also do basic filming and photos. Is the inspire 2 just for the movie makers or can it handle a multitude of missions and make do without zoom.

Yes the inspire 2 zooms, and this is exactly what I use it for. Inspections for clients.
e8240abdeb017f87c9d834934ff59963.jpg

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Reactions: Advexure
Can the x5 zoom be used in flight or does it manually have to be adjusted? Thanks for the responses.

Zoom will depend on the lens that you choose to use with your X5 on an Inspire 1 or X5S on the Inspire 2. The Inspire 2 is not just for movie makers. @Inspire1vision is a great example of someone who uses an Inspire 2 for a commercial use. I'm not sure exactly which zoom lens he is using on his X5S but you can see the imaging quality for his application.

If zoom is a primary function you require for your application you will also want to take a look at the Zenmuse Z3 which is for the Inspire 1. This camera would not be as suitable for filmmaking but is another route if you choose not to go with the Inspire 2.

The I2 is perfectly suited for industrial inspection. That is my primary use. It is very versatile and if you want to fly with zoom engaged you have the FPV cam to keep your flight and area perspective. I did review the Z30 (Not Z3) and M100 or M600 and with the Z30 only have a 2MP cam on it this was a much better option with the changeable lenses and zoom/focus adapter option. The in addition if you would like to do photogrammitry or 3D models the X5S is the best option available from DJI right now IMO. I would not hesitate if you are considering this craft as your solution.

Z30 only have a 2MP cam on it
And costs over £9k just for the camera!

Also the mapping applications work very well on DJI products - we used the Inspire 1 Pro for mapping, and have just sold it waiting for our I2 to arrive, and for the developers to add Inspire 2 to the mix to use again. Pix4D now also allows orbit mode which is great for 3d imagery.

Exactly!!!

Good to know about Pix4D. I did not see that was added yet.

Do you know if it is I2 compatible yet.
I think they'll all being a little slow. The DJI Pro ground station works quite well. I prefer map pilot and compliment it with Pix4d capture. UGCS is the most accurate as you can use you own map tiles and save missions to hard disc and network.

Zoom will depend on the lens that you choose to use with your X5 on an Inspire 1 or X5S on the Inspire 2. The Inspire 2 is not just for movie makers. @Inspire1vision is a great example of someone who uses an Inspire 2 for a commercial use. I'm not sure exactly which zoom lens he is using on his X5S but you can see the imaging quality for his application.

If zoom is a primary function you require for your application you will also want to take a look at the Zenmuse Z3 which is for the Inspire 1. This camera would not be as suitable for filmmaking but is another route if you choose not to go with the Inspire 2.
In all the specs I have seen, the Inspire 2 is only compatible with 2 cameras , the X4S and X5S. Can you confirm the Z3 will Work on the 2?

In all the specs I have seen, the Inspire 2 is only compatible with 2 cameras , the X4S and X5S. Can you confirm the Z3 will Work on the 2?
I would like to perform inspections with my Inspire 2 but I feel there are limitations. I now want to go with the new M 210. Just wondering if I should keep my I2.....

Last edited:
I would also like to add thermal imaging to my I2, but again, no options available. Anyone know of any options at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee