Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Glitches

Reaction score
Hi just a quick update, I am suffering from the slight instability in hover and gimbal after the last update, I noticed that the camera is not auto leveling itself when landing and I am now getting loads of landing gear raising, landing gear notifications when in sport mode. Other than that everything seems rosie ;-) Oh yeas and all my presets were lost for the Cendence customisable buttons, isnt there a proper back up and restore for this I ask myself ?

I am on a reasonably new I2 (around March this year) with an X7 camera.

General advice was from DJI was to revert back to the .100 firmware. The .200 is glitchy. The .100 has some bugs also.

I have not flow more than a few times on the .200 as the day I updated it crashed it to the ground at pretty much full speed. I was messing with the camera problems and didn’t realize I was too close to the ground. Between max decent speed and low height broke a considerable amount of stuff.

If you don’t need some of the high end features of the camera recording system going to .100 seemed acceptable.

DJI seems to have a .201 firmware they don’t talk about but users have hinted is available by request that is a blend of .100 and .200 but doesn’t include all the fixes. It’s a quickly put together patch to enable I think it was pro res.

Bottom line inspire firmware right now is not great. Hopefully the .300 will fix it. Speculation is “any day” but DJI is really quite on the matter and is publicly advising people to move back to .100

OK rolled it all the way back to version 1 and the problems seem to have gone, getting the little landing tipping thing happening again but I have that under control these days. Gimbal is back to stable, so thanks for the advice !. Hope you get your bird fixed and back in the air. Now its just time to wait for the next release and hope that it fixes all those V2 glitches.

Reactions: Drone_Video
OK rolled it all the way back to version 1 and the problems seem to have gone, getting the little landing tipping thing happening again but I have that under control these days. Gimbal is back to stable, so thanks for the advice !. Hope you get your bird fixed and back in the air. Now its just time to wait for the next release and hope that it fixes all those V2 glitches.

Good news !
Glad it running “better”. Such a silly thing to say given the rolled back firmware has glitches too. But at least it’s better than the latest.

I just purchased a new x5s camera while I wait for the x4s to come back. But it’s been poring rain here for almost 2 weeks straight. Hopefully this weekend I can get some flight time in. If no firmware is updated before I can fly I am going to revert back also.

Enjoy the flying !

Hi there, you mean version 1 the firs original one?

Yip, right back as far as I could go, I wasnt sure which was the best one to go to but I remembered that the original version I has wasnt too bad except for the little wobble on landing. I might go up a version or two once I check the forum to see whats what.

Yip, right back as far as I could go, I wasnt sure which was the best one to go to but I remembered that the original version I has wasnt too bad except for the little wobble on landing. I might go up a version or two once I check the forum to see whats what.

But you mean the first original Inspire 2 firmware version ? do you have or know any tutorial about how to do that? mine just let me go back 1 step.

I connected the Inspire 2 to DJI Assistant and went back as far as I could then restarted everything and did it again and it gave me the option to go back further. I will need to check and see what version I am actually on. Probably cant get to that till Monday though.

I connected the Inspire 2 to DJI Assistant and went back as far as I could then restarted everything and did it again and it gave me the option to go back further. I will need to check and see what version I am actually on. Probably cant get to that till Monday though.

It’s lily he could only go back as far as v01.02.0100 if he had v01.02.0200 installed. That’s the only supported and recommended downgrade.

I doubt he went through the trouble of hacking together an older firmware. It I could be wrong. My original advice was to roll back the v01.02.0100 as recommended by DJI after they admitted there was issues with the .0200

I guess donaldlang can co form on Monday.

It was the ne ProRes RAW that was enabled. ProRes is available on .0100

Ah yes. As soon as I read your note I realized that. I don’t use prores (yet). So didn’t pay too much attention to it.

I really hope there is a true fix shortly.

Hi just a quick update, I am suffering from the slight instability in hover and gimbal after the last update, I noticed that the camera is not auto leveling itself when landing and I am now getting loads of landing gear raising, landing gear notifications when in sport mode. Other than that everything seems rosie ;-) Oh yeas and all my presets were lost for the Cendence customisable buttons, isnt there a proper back up and restore for this I ask myself ?

I am on a reasonably new I2 (around March this year) with an X7 camera.
Yeah I downgraded to the previous firmware version and it works much better than before. So my suggestion is to downgrade using DJI Assistant 2 to the previous version.

Reactions: pepeticos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84