Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mavic Pro's camera is somewhat protected by the body above it, but with an forward velocity any rain is going to reach the lens at least. RainX might offer a little improvement in visibility, but you will still see the effect of the water.

You could design a drone to have a 'bill' on it to shade the camera from the Sun and rain but that would tend to limit the vertical FOV and would still run into issues when travelling forward.

On solution might be a limited bill and backwards flight -- assuming the rest of the bird could tolerate the rain.

Brian

My guess is we'll again have an announcement for a completely unrelated product :)

I'd like to see a DJI flying wing myself.

Reactions: Black Sky
Any thoughts on when they might release an updated X5 camera? Won't buy that Inspire 2 unless there's a new 100mbit X5 on it :)

IMO the inspire 2 will come with the Z3 as standard.

The X5 most likely isn't going to get a boost soon because its basically the same tech as DJI use in their budget cameras and I don't believe they'll get the new tech before go pro does.

And with GOPRO essentially using the same tech in the hero 5 as they had 2 years ago in the 4 BE, DJI are under no pressure to deliver as their x3 and z3 (& mavic) are already comparable, and their X5 with the bigger sensor and optics improves on the Hero 4 BE for aerial imagery, despite the gains not being huge on the X5, its still better than a go pro 4+5 as DJI have already given us stabilized video without any tricks, so gopro screwed up big time IMO. Its a great product, but without giving us that next jump in quality, they've allowed DJI to really to screw them.

So the question is, where is DJI going to get this tech from any time soon?
But who cares because they don't need it now because you have no alternative and they have no competition.

Sony are really the only one's who could help DJI deliver what you want anytime soon, and it would be foolish of sony to help DJI with the rx100 4 quality which would give you what you want.

Sooooooooo, IMO, we're all in limbo.

Either stump up the cash for the X5R.
Pay way over the odds for a small boost in quality with the X5.

Or simply wait many more months for the next level to come.

DJI hold all the cards :(

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishSights
Sony are indeed the only ones to have 100MBps capable chipsets in small form factors AFAIK, my X3000 can do 100. Not that it matters much, in this case the difference between 60 and 100 is basically unnoticeable.

Last edited:
Sony are indeed the only ones to have 100MBps capable chipsets in small form factors AFAIK, my X3000 can do 100. Not that it matters much, in this case the difference between 60 and 100 is basically unnoticeable.

The Panasonic GH-4 has a bit rate up to 200Mbps though there are factors that seem to suggest 100Mbps is better (all-I versus IPB)

Brian

IMO the inspire 2 will come with the Z3 as standard.

The X5 most likely isn't going to get a boost soon because its basically the same tech as DJI use in their budget cameras and I don't believe they'll get the new tech before go pro does.

And with GOPRO essentially using the same tech in the hero 5 as they had 2 years ago in the 4 BE, DJI are under no pressure to deliver as their x3 and z3 (& mavic) are already comparable, and their X5 with the bigger sensor and optics improves on the Hero 4 BE for aerial imagery, despite the gains not being huge on the X5, its still better than a go pro 4+5 as DJI have already given us stabilized video without any tricks, so gopro screwed up big time IMO. Its a great product, but without giving us that next jump in quality, they've allowed DJI to really to screw them.

So the question is, where is DJI going to get this tech from any time soon?
But who cares because they don't need it now because you have no alternative and they have no competition.

Sony are really the only one's who could help DJI deliver what you want anytime soon, and it would be foolish of sony to help DJI with the rx100 4 quality which would give you what you want.

Sooooooooo, IMO, we're all in limbo.

Either stump up the cash for the X5R.
Pay way over the odds for a small boost in quality with the X5.

Or simply wait many more months for the next level to come.

DJI hold all the cards :(
Interesting take on it. I hope you're wrong :/

I was under the impression new Ambarella SoC's from early 2016 were capable of higher bitrates than existing ones from pre-2016 but I might be mistaken.

I think you are wrong on one thing though: The X5 is no rival to the GoPro solutions. The GoPro and the X3/Z3 are, I agree, but not the X5.

The X5/Inspire Professional rivals with the newly released drone from PowerVision with M43 mount and 4K recording and other yet to be released drones from Yuneec, but are mainly alternatives to other cameras and the s900/s1000 solutions, which are much more expensive.

The X5 was a bad choice due to the low bitrate from the day it was released, unless you go RAW which I think is ridicously overpriced.

I would have to disagree with another post regarding 100mbit vs 60 mbit is not much of a difference. The GH4 produces 100mbit, and they are on a completely different level of quality from what I've seen.

I hope they update it. Planning to go all DJI with an Inspire 2 Pro & Osmo build. Cheap, small footprint, good IQ for the money.

Reactions: Droneyboy
So as we discuss what we would like/expect to see in the inspire 2, what could be next? What might an Inspire 3 look like? or will the Inspire form factor stick, and a new line of Mavik mini's accompany an inspire on a mission? with sync'd support camera's to aid in True 3d? Sorry getting OT here, but I'm very excited about the Nov 8 deadline, and the nice little leaks posted here are just building this up even more.
Reading this thread is truly Drone foreplay.....
24 days and counting.

yes, let us hope it become true that the Inspire 2 will be announced on November 8th...it will become my first drone :)

I'm in hope not I have a few inspires and just spent plus 4K on the pro x5r last wk fully loaded!

With respect to the upgrade topic I feel they should enable custom upgrades from the 2 incorporated into on the 1 parts for the loyal customers that assisted dji to become world leaders would give something back so people like us are completely loosing out, # customer loyalty

We all want longer flight time (hydrogen cells tech) would be a dream they are out we should have them?
& better light bright (it-elite) longer range as standard built in

lighter craft fpv nose cone interswitchable on the screen we also want to be able to turn the tech of and invert & have fun extend the max hight & use the avoidance system to automatically decent upon have a flight mode were the arm arms are positioned in the middle n the inspire I feel the arms and elbows shouldn't be fixed pivot to Optimise in flight modes utilising it's own energy i.e. Hybrid to function non circuit

Use longitude and latitude as litchi pin point perfection

ww toy made a micro inspire for under £100 3D printed inspires are about with nose cones for £500 they work

There is no reason dji need to break our banks when other can clearly do it cheaper

Are we now paying75% for the tag

Last edited:
Well glad I read this thread. I have my PFCO course in December and have been searching for an inspire pro for weeks, now Ive seen this I'll definitely be holding out to see what arrives. If nothing else I may be able to get a new inspire pro for less after these hit the market. Great info people.
You may be waiting a while. Go with what you need, no point waiting for what might be. With proposed EU regulations, manufactures will have to change what they make & sell. As other have said the Inspire Pro is reliable. To be honest, when I use mine on commercial shoots, I switch of all auto stuff off and fly as manual as I can. Any avoidance system would inhibit the shot. For me, it is just a flying camera, a tool.

So, considering it shows up on the 8th or sometime soon, and it's an upgrade you want to buy, where's the best place to buy it? I bought my Inspire Pro from DJI a year ago, and I'm thinking about going with B&H this time around because I really like their customer service and return policy if I have a problem...and they're local(I'm in CT). There's a chance of a longer wait, but last year their inventory at B&H caught up pretty quick I thought. Any suggestions? Thanks.

So, considering it shows up on the 8th or sometime soon, and it's an upgrade you want to buy, where's the best place to buy it? I bought my Inspire Pro from DJI a year ago, and I'm thinking about going with B&H this time around because I really like their customer service and return policy if I have a problem...and they're local(I'm in CT). There's a chance of a longer wait, but last year their inventory at B&H caught up pretty quick I thought. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bobby, have you ever been to the B&H store in Manhattan? If not then the next time you are in NYC it is a must visit. Maybe leave your credit card home though...

Brian

Thanks, Brian. Yes, I've been there many times, love the cable cart system and all the knowledge available from the people there. Since I have been looking for a better dual operator setup for a project coming up, I may order directly from DJI again if it's going to be a significant time difference. I know I won't even know if I need it till it shows up, just trying to get a plan in place when it does.

Reactions: Black Sky
I would suggest purchasing from an independent dealer like Ralph at FlyhighUSA. They will price match in most cases and they will provide service after the sale.

I would suggest purchasing from an independent dealer like Ralph at FlyhighUSA. They will price match in most cases and they will provide service after the sale.

Amen. Ralph is a GREAT guy, very knowledgeable and easy to get ahold of if you have questions. I have purchased two Inspires through him so far.

I found raw 4K Z3 files from July yesterday and inspected them. They were capped at 60 mbit/s.

That doesn't confirm anything though. The several "Standard", "Fine" etc settings I've heard about in DJI GO for Z3 certainly seems new and it might be these were captured using "Standard". If that setting is related to bitrate at all.

Overall, the Z3 looked very much like the X3 but with zoom capabilities. I couldn't tell any difference in IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell