Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What I would like to know is why DJI Waits until people have already purchased obsolete technology to release the new stuff…"
$$$$$

Basically, by telling everyone when a new version would be released too far ahead of time would be committing suicide. How would they ever sell off remaining inventory?

Let's say they announced 3 months ago. Almost all remain Inspire 1 sales would STOP, or they would have to at least drop the price to below cost. How would anyone stay in business that way?

Yes it's a bummer as a consumer, but with tech, that's always a risk for consumer.This sort of thing is always a HUGE decision for a highly competitive market because the company WANTS to release and announce the product ASAP, but they have to analyze existing inventory and se timing very carefully. They also don't want to leave their resellers with inventory or you wind up pissing them off too.

You have to look at things from other perpectives than your own sometimes.

The best thing you can do as a tech consumer is to educate yourself on a high cost item.

For instance, as someone stated above, there was a large priced rope on Inspire few months back. We experienced consumers knew what this meant. So if I was in the market for a new drone, I would weigh the lower price for I1, or wait a few months for I2 at the higher price.

Reactions: jhdw
Anyone got any ideas if DJI are releasing a new camera with this thing?

Most notably a new X5 and X5R equiv?

So, the original post on this thread states that the Inspire 2 is going to cost 17300 Chinese Yuan, which equals $2595...does that price seem right to you guys? Basic configuration I guess?

So, the original post on this thread states that the Inspire 2 is going to cost 17300 Chinese Yuan, which equals $2595...does that price seem right to you guys? Basic configuration I guess?

Sounds about right to me, about the same as the old base models new, hopefully they will release an updated X5+X5R too.
Waiting for this and the election result in the USA is a very teasing time for me!

What kind of confuses me is that the invitation for the event/ banner for it does not appear on the dji website or anywhere on their social media so far. Maybe they will put something else up on their social media 2 weeks before the date?
And yes I am hoping for an updated X5R!

They've typically only been doing public announcements about a week in advance.

I heard that there might be a phantom 4 pro coming along

Last edited:
Well, they better make this a good one. I have two Inspire 1 V2 Pro's (X5 and X5R), and if they want to take more of my money, they're competing against a couple VTOL hybrid fixed-wing quad/hexarotors with NON proprietary gimbal attachments and control systems that I have my eye on. And support that doesn't suck. I like the Mavic though, from what I'm seeing, but I'm going to wait for them to work out the inevitable "kinks" first (like the firmware debacle). Dual battery capability on this new Inspire 2 would make getting waivers a great deal easier, especially for 107.31 for sure. I also want a Pony. And an Inspire 2 with a gimbal that allows non-proprietary gimballed mounting of lightweight witness camera systems. And a Unicorn that farts rainbows.

Well, they better make this a good one. I have two Inspire 1 V2 Pro's (X5 and X5R), and if they want to take more of my money, they're competing against a couple VTOL hybrid fixed-wing quad/hexarotors with NON proprietary gimbal attachments and control systems that I have my eye on. And support that doesn't suck. I like the Mavic though, from what I'm seeing, but I'm going to wait for them to work out the inevitable "kinks" first (like the firmware debacle). Dual battery capability on this new Inspire 2 would make getting waivers a great deal easier, especially for 107.31 for sure. I also want a Pony. And an Inspire 2 with a gimbal that allows non-proprietary gimballed mounting of lightweight witness camera systems. And a Unicorn that farts rainbows.
I too want longer flight time ............and farting unicorns.....lol

Be careful what you ask for.

unicorn-poop-shirt1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962