Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Pro and X5 - First video - Lens Tests

As for other lenses, I've found the X5 to be quite good. I've now shot with the 12mm olympus, 15mm DJI, 25mm olympus and 45mm olympus, all with great results.
Hello, thank you for all the great information! I have the stock lens that came with the x5. I also have the 12mm Olympus lens from my GH4 camera. I was told from DJI sales when I purchased the X5 camera that the lens that is not the stock lens (Olympus 12mm) will need a balance ring for the lens. Were you using the balance ring from the stock lens? Or does the lens changes not need a balance ring? Thank you for the information.

As for other lenses, I've found the X5 to be quite good. I've now shot with the 12mm olympus, 15mm DJI, 25mm olympus and 45mm olympus, all with great results.

Really interesting, I suppose they just worked then..? I'd be interested to see how stable it the shots are especially by the time you are using the 45mm. If you have any samples of these lenses, I'd really appreciate it even if they are not your finest hour I'd love to see how these lenses perform on the gimbal.

That's a real shame as I'm not paying that money for something that cannot stay level automatically. Thanks for the reply.

That's a real shame as I'm not paying that money for something that cannot stay level automatically. Thanks for the reply.

My, my..... we've become spoiled a bit since the DIY days, haven't we?

If you know of a currently available product anywhere near the price range of the Pro/X5 that is able to keep the horizon perfectly level throughout all craft and gimbal maneuvers I'd like to know about it. ;)

My X5 does the occasional horizon drift, especially when panning through a large arc, but I don't do those very often, because I expect that, and if I do, I fully anticipate that I'll have to fix it in post. If you want to record a move, check your horizon before starting and make an adjustment. Often, if the gimbal has drifted, just hovering for a few seconds will cause the gimbal to find level horizon on its own.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor

Philip, did you have full lens control on the 25 and 45? I loved your earlier posted stills with the 45 and would love to see a sample of the 25, as that is a highly reviewed lens and a good value ($399 at B&H).

oly 25mm not compatibl. aperture shifts. focus unreliable. anyone else try it?

Flew the Oly 25 mm twice today. First flight went great: calibrated the lens for infinity, set f/4 and the the lens held focus and aperture. Love the perspective and straight horizon, even at the top of the frame (no barrel distortion). Tried to launch again a couple of hours later after switching out with other lenses, but the 25 would not allow me to set aperture, as it would return to wide open, focus would not hold, and I decided to give up and fly with the 15. I'm not sure if I did anything different to cause the issue. Ran out of daylight to try again. I'll try to get it to work tomorrow, but I'm not confident of success.

The 25 balanced well with the DJI adjustment ring for the DJI 15 and the 25 lens hood attached. Hope DJI updates their FW to include this lens in the camera lens profiles, as it will become one of my favorites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi