Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issues with Inspire 2 payment?

Reaction score
Hello all, I placed an order for an Inspire 2 about a week after you were able to and right before it was set to ship got an email saying my payment failed. I called PayPal and they said I'd never done a purchase so large through PayPal so they had to an investigation and it would take about 48 hours. DJI advises me to tell them it's already been charged when I first purchased it (though my bank said there were no transactions for that amount) Two weeks later, my order is cancelled by DJI. I emailed requesting what I can do because I placed this order soo long ago, have the money, and just want my **** Inspire 2! He said to select an option other than PayPal, bank transfer. The only option on DJI's page is to go through PayPal. Am I missing something? This has been an extremely frustrating ordeal. Thank you to anyone who can help. At this point I'm considering just buying it from B&H. I bought it from DJI initially cause I thought I'd get it sooner... hah! Thanks!

DJI +PAYPAL for customer service sounds about as much fun as getting through to an Indian call center for tech support.

PayPal CS sucks...I have a PayPal Credit account through the and its next to impossible to get any response for an issue I may have.

Hello all, I placed an order for an Inspire 2 about a week after you were able to and right before it was set to ship got an email saying my payment failed. I called PayPal and they said I'd never done a purchase so large through PayPal so they had to an investigation and it would take about 48 hours. DJI advises me to tell them it's already been charged when I first purchased it (though my bank said there were no transactions for that amount) Two weeks later, my order is cancelled by DJI. I emailed requesting what I can do because I placed this order soo long ago, have the money, and just want my **** Inspire 2! He said to select an option other than PayPal, bank transfer. The only option on DJI's page is to go through PayPal. Am I missing something? This has been an extremely frustrating ordeal. Thank you to anyone who can help. At this point I'm considering just buying it from B&H. I bought it from DJI initially cause I thought I'd get it sooner... hah! Thanks!

Hi "SeekToInspire" - First, I use PayPal all of the time and have only had one issue years ago that was resolved immediately... I like using PayPal because to me it's safer than putting my credit and debit card numbers out there all over the web... Regarding your question, I think what PayPal may be referring to is adding a credit card to your PayPal account and then selecting it instead of your bank withdrawal... I have a Visa and an American Express card attached to my PayPal account, I think PayPal likes to have credit cards attached to your bank account so that if you are short the funds they can use your credit card(s) to cover the shortage... As for ordering direct from DJI/China, That is exactly what I originally thought when ordered my Inspire 1 when it first came out and like you, I thought I might get it quicker plus I thought it might have any updates on it that were available at the time of shipment... It turned out I was wrong... From my experience, it seems that DJI gives first priority to it's dealers... Besides B&H and Amazon you have Adorama, Advexure, DSLRPros, and DroneNerds just to name a few of the popular dealers that currently have Inspire 2 Drones and accessories in stock in the US. At this point regardless of whether or not you use PayPal, if you are based in the US, I would suggest that it would be to your advantage to purchase it from a repudable US dealer... I have purchased DJI products from all of the above companies except for Advexure... My personal experience has been that B&H, Amazon, DSLRPros and DroneNerds will all treat you fairly... I am currently having some issues with Adorama regarding a recent Inspire 2 order, but I am hoping that they will eventually come through and do the right thing... Again, I have no personal experience with Advexure... Hope that is helpful in some way... We all have different experiences with DJI, PayPal and specific Dealers, etc. I am just sharing my own personal related experiences for whatever they might be worth.

I would never buy a DJI product from BH photo. If you have any issues and have to return, exchange, etc cuz something doesn't work out of the box or is DOA, you have to work with a 3rd party company and it takes WEEKS to resolve. Personally I bought my I2 and accessories from florida drone supply, who so far has been fantastic and responsive. I have also heard good things about advexure. I'd go with one of those two for your purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6