Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA LAANC Authorizations in Active Regions

Reaction score
Greetings,
Has anyone used AirMap, Kittyhawk, etc to receive clearance to fly in a restricted airspace under the new LAANC program? It doesn't become active in my region until later this summer, so I was curious to get some feedback on it. Is it as easy as it's played up to be on the promotional media? Curious to hear about it!

I tried in my area using Airmap since my authorization expired, but found out that the local airport is a FCT and it is not on the LAANC program yet, thankfully the FAA rep gave me an extension on my authorization. Didn't know Kittyhawk was a provider for LAAANC

Greetings,
Has anyone used AirMap, Kittyhawk, etc to receive clearance to fly in a restricted airspace under the new LAANC program? It doesn't become active in my region until later this summer, so I was curious to get some feedback on it. Is it as easy as it's played up to be on the promotional media? Curious to hear about it!
Skyward is easy as pie. I don't use the others.

Newer pilot here and just used skyward for the first time. worked great. This may be a stupid question, but do I still need to notify the airport via a phone call if I have received the LAANC authorization?
No you don't, BUT you do still need to deal with DJI if it is a locked NFZ. Your drone does not know that you have LAANC clearance so you still need to go through the unlock procedure with DJI.

About how much is this service, what are the requirments for signing up? How long did it take to signup?
Free for LAANCs. Sign up is immediate...

Free for LAANCs. Sign up is immediate...
Right but Skyward requires an account and the I tried Kittyhawk for the area and it told me an enterprise account is required.

Ok I downloaded the app. It says "Skyward" a verizon company. How do I sign up because I went through the registration process, created a login. It sent me an email and blah blah blah. When I login it says Skyward InFlight is only acessible to users with enterprise, please contact us to upgrade your account. Did I download the wrong app in the app store?

Ok I downloaded the app. It says "Skyward" a verizon company. How do I sign up because I went through the registration process, created a login. It sent me an email and blah blah blah. When I login it says Skyward InFlight is only acessible to users with enterprise, please contact us to upgrade your account. Did I download the wrong app in the app store?
Can't say because I never use apps. I plan my jobs before leaving home on a PC. Try that.
Skyward.io

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop