Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

moire and aliasing

Reaction score
hi guys I have both the phantom 4 pro and the inspire 2 with the zenmuse x5s mounted on it , I've experienced moire with the phantom 4 pro, I've done some research and found that changing the sharpness could help the other fix I found was go to a better camera , so my question is has any one experienced moire or aliasing with the zenmuse x5s thanks bandit

hi guys I have both the phantom 4 pro and the inspire 2 with the zenmuse x5s mounted on it , I've experienced moire with the phantom 4 pro, I've done some research and found that changing the sharpness could help the other fix I found was go to a better camera , so my question is has any one experienced moire or aliasing with the zenmuse x5s thanks bandit
Moved to X5S section (since that's what you are asking).

Search on 'Moire' yields...

'Aliasing'.....

I have experienced this in the worst way. The problem is that we're shooting 4K, but viewing the footage on a 1080p monitor. If you watch the footage on a 4K monitor or digitally zoom down to 1080p, the Moire effect goes away. Sharpening definitely exacerbates the condition. Also the more you digitally zoom the more it goes away, but never really goes away until you achieve a 1:1 pixel ratio between your footage and your monitor. A workaround would be to have a 4K monitor on set for viewing so the DP doesn't see the aliasing in that moment, and let them deal with the aliasing in post....er....unless you ARE post, in which case I can't help you. I screwed around with the 4K footage for hours. Bottom line; ANY kind of down-resing caused the Moire Effect. In my defense, this was years ago so maybe Adobe Premiere has tools to deal with it. Last time I had to deal with this was like 3 or 4 years ago filming a car on a bridge for an Epix series. The answer back then was to soften the footage in post...it honestly looked like crap to me.

D

Last edited:
Reactions: hhung516

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips