Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

mounting a 14 - 42mm lens on a x5s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just bought the Panasonic Lumix G vario 14 - 42 mm/ 3.5-5.6 hd lens and installed them on my x5s , powered up the inspire 2 and hearts loud buzzing / picture jello like shaking , do I need to purchase and install a vibration plate for the x5s to fix this problem? thanks in advance

I just bought the Panasonic Lumix G vario 14 - 42 mm/ 3.5-5.6 hd lens and installed them on my x5s , powered up the inspire 2 and hearts loud buzzing / picture jello like shaking , do I need to purchase and install a vibration plate for the x5s to fix this problem? thanks in advance
So I'll move this to the X5S section then.

DJI support this lens and say it must be used either with just a filter or just with the available balance ring, but not both at the same time.
I have a 14-42 lens on my I1 with x5 camera and had similar problems because I fully balanced the camera/lens and the weight of the screw on balance weights upset the delicate balance of the lens motors and it would not lock on to auto focus and buzzed producing jello effect.
Hope this helps.

I put a nd 8 filter on my x5s and the shaking stopped and no jello but for some reason the is no slide wheel to zoom in or out. I've watched the YouTube videos and I do see the slide wheel on the videos but not on my iPad mini 4 just a focus wheel

You should check if the lens has been recognised correctly by the go4 app and you may need to callibrate the lens. You can find videos on all this stuff on Youtube.

hi guys , about a week ago I posted that I purchased a Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm lens and the zoom wouldn't work. I did a little more searching and found that the pancake version of the same lens does indeed work . I'm now enjoying the new lens on my inspire 2 / x5s

Reactions: bhhull3_ohiodot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84