New Nationwide Pilot Survey

Reaction score
Hello Pilots!
HoverLogix is in consultation with a nationwide Real Estate firm that mainly deals with thousands of $1MM+ properties throughout the US.

They have tapped us to;
1. Seek interest input on flying these properties within a 200 mile radius of each pilots home base.

2. What pilots believe is fair compensation to get to the property, fly standard real estate story boards (Video , Stills, Potential interiors.

3. Potential post editing. (We are looking at doing this in-house as well)

All pilots must be 107 Certified. Prefer 50+ hrs flight time & LAANC experience. Capability to acquire $5mm Flight Insurance per property.

We are looking to build a better DroneBa5e if you will. NO BS, Fair pay and Expanding opportunities.

Please respond with your thoughts and suggestions.
Doug
HoverLogix

Your requirements should filter out a lot of lower end folks, and that's good! The $5M insurance definitely adds cost to the pilot. My first thought on compensation would include mileage at IRS rate and $150/hour on the property. I edit for $75/hour. Interested to hear what others think.

No less than $695 plus mileage for the drone video,, or its not worth getting in my car. Interiors (pics and video) would be an additional day rate of $1800.

Thanks Pat.
Doug

I am Definitely interested in this if you need to contact me this is my email Innovativeaerials454@gmail.com

I specialize in Commercial Real Estate video and photography. For ground based photos (interior and exterior) I change $100 per hour. For drone photos I charge $150 per hour. The client then chooses the photos they want to purchase for $30 each and I will edit them before sending.

For video it really depends on the amount of graphics and vFX involved as that is the time consuming part. For a ~90 second video complete with any combination of ground based video (interior and exterior), drone video, 3D animation graphics, and a couple instances of vFX (such as tracking 2D callouts on actual footage or attaching graphics to surfaces) I charge $2500. If you want full 3D renderings of a yet to be constructed building it can go up from there.

I haven’t really done any video where I wasn’t the one editing the video but if did I would probably charge $200 per hour.

This would be on top of some base fee which would cover the travel distance and the insurance requirement. 200 miles is quite a ways to go.

Just looking at this thread. It's about a year since this was active. Has anything happened with this company? It sounded promising.

Just looking at this thread. It's about a year since this was active. Has anything happened with this company? It sounded promising.
The web site doesn't exist. Just goes to generic domain name holding page.