Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NEW TB48's FOR SALE (for Inspire 1) - SOLD

Reaction score
So I was able to score five TB48 batteries on Ebay. They are NEW IN SEALED BOXES. From what I can tell, these are the last new TB48’s in North America ?. Tempted to keep all of them but they weren’t cheap and I honestly think I only need two in addition to what I have so I’m selling three.

Just trying to get what I paid. I’ve opened my two and charged them and they seem fine. I’ll guarantee them as functional. $320 each, plus shipping (USPS Priority). They weigh about 1 lb, 12 oz each if you want to calculate shipping. Payment by PayPal, US shipping only. DM me if you’re interested. I’ll delete this post when they are all gone.

125456745_5059538580753433_2950520682656901238_o.jpg

Last edited:
NOS LiPo batteries kind of scare me a bit. They're not Duracell™ Alkalines with a 10-year shelf life. I don't think LiPo's do well in long-term storage, even if they've never been charged. Perhaps even ESPECIALLY since they've never been charged.

Interesting...with all the data available on LiPo batteries, I can't find anything on longer term NOS storage.

In the interest of full disclosure, you should charge one, test it, and post your results.

D

Reactions: The Editor
I would also like to see that test flight result. I’m interested in 2 batteries. Results first.

Lipos start losing their capacity from the moment they leave the production line (irrespective of whether they are used or not), a pack if stored badly can lose up to 20% of its rated capacity in a twelve month period.

I believe you will get more for these items if you unbox them all, plug them in and take screenshots of their build dates/capacity and charge count (assuming they should be zero).

Otherwise people are being offered a crap shoot on what they are buying.
Since you have only just joined the forum, got through the 30 day classified lock out and most posts are “Nice”, “Hi”, “Interesting” or “Cool” to circumvent the 10 post rule members are right to be cautious.

Watching with interest..........

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I’m curious how you’ll guarantee them as functional? Especially given the facts above. You expect a buyer here to trust that a member that signed up 6 weeks ago is going to refund their money if the battery doesn’t work even at twice the original price?

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Myself as well... I have 10 TB47 Batteries for my Inspire 1's and I store them properly and maintain them with the Phantom Angel system. I check them every 30 days and condition them down and recharge every 12 to 14 flights. (with the Phantom Angel system) I have never had any problems. I keep my flights limited to 12 to 14 min and they are about 2.5/ 3 year old. In January this year retired 5 - TB48's with about 100+ charges and moved them over to the video production department to power my OSMO pro units they still work great for that but not enough to fly.

I have one Inspire 1 V1 that is mint, maybe 5 to 6 flights with 5 - TB47 batteries for that one. I keep it as a back up and its really a great flyer and I maintain the Batt's on it the same as the others. I've had that one for over a year with no issues. I do store them in approved Lipo bags and in low temperature storage.

I do have concerns about the Batteries for the long run. I know they wont last for ever and with the Batteries getting close to $400 US, It makes one take a closer look at inventory and usefulness to one's overall plan. It's definitely a factor. I know folks are working on "options" but will it be timely enough to where the aircraft is still "in play" with workflow/usefulness. TBD

Reactions: CoreySnipes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell