Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie impulse purchase, OX3 for NDVI conversion

Reaction score
I rushed in and purchased an X3 with Gimbal to send off for NDVI conversion (my I1 has the X5 fitted for normal work).

I'd foolishly overlooked the fact the X3 I bought was black not white and have since identified it as the Osmo X3 not the normal Inspire one.

I see on line there's some differences (including focus - which concerns me as if it could be used, it may not be fit for purpose due to that or at least produce low standard results).

I've also read that the Inspire X3 will work on the Osmo handle with the right firmware, but I'm curious if anyone knows if the OX3 and Gimbal will work properly on the I1... as otherwise I may as well keep it until I find a handle and buy the correct 'white' Inspire X3 camera for my NDVI conversion.

Thanks in advance.

From my experience the black Osmo is the X3 zoom (black, 3.5 x zoom & focus control) and will not work at all on the Inspire 1.

You will either need an X3 (white, fixed focal length & fixed focus) or a Z3 (white, 3.5 x zoom & focus control) to work was on the Inspire 1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo