Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Olympus mod M1 mark ii

Reaction score
Website
www.mikomozi.com
I have been growing my lens collection for my x5s and am looking at a way to minimize the already big kit I haul around when traveling. Instead of using my nikon kit (D810 + lenses, etc) for ground photos, I am looking at getting the Olympus m1 and utilizing the lenses the drone is using.

Does anyone here use the Olympus M1? What are your thoughts on the camera? Is adequate enough to leaving a Nikon D810 at home?

Cheers

Edit: thread title changed “omd” to “mod” :(

if you have the money I would look at the Panasonic GH5. The specs on it look almost identical to the X5S.
I have a YI M1 that I keep in my lens case for the times I don't carry my D810.

But at the end of the day, the Nikon is hard to beat. But that is based on my opinion of owning Nikons since 1980

I just got a GH5 and it ROCKS!!!
I had an Olympus PEN-F and wasn't very impressed with it. Auto Focus was lousy.

Problem with the Panasonic is the lens must have the stabilization built-in as the body's sensor does not if you want stabilization, whereas the Olympus does 5-axis stabilization at the sensor so the lighter weight lenses can be used for it and the drone both as well as some cheaper ones. Problem then becomes the need to set the focal length for non-Olympus lenses, manual lenses, unchipped lenses into the camera's lens database menu and select the proper focal length else the sensor stabilizer may overshoot if set wrong and blurry images are the consequence.

I was surprised I could use my 40 year old screw-mount Pentax lenses with a cheap $15 eBay screw-mount adapter to M43 on the Olympus with its 5-axis stabilization even handheld with a cheap 500mm POS ($80) FF lens which became a 1,000mm on the M43. Went out and shot the moon and was surprised. Lots of cheap screw-mount lenses at Keh.com too.

Moon_1000mm.jpg

Reactions: Lloyd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irene