Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo for X5S/X7 a lost dream due to ronin-s announcement?

Maybe we'll see an Osmo for the Zenmuse X series when the X22 is released :(

Looking forward to playing with the Ronin-S this week, the focus control looks very nice. This a great upgrade for Ronin-M owners, slap in the face for X5S/X7 owners.

Maybe we'll see an Osmo for the Zenmuse X series when the X22 is released [emoji20]

Looking forward to playing with the Ronin-S this week, the focus control looks very nice. This a great upgrade for Ronin-M owners, slap in the face for X5S/X7 owners.

I hear ya. I kinda gave up on the Osmo for X5S awhile back when I decided to dedicate aerial vs ground cameras. I find it’s easier and quicker to setup and execute (though it costs more).

I’m hopeful all the DJI tracking functions and focus work well. This will kill the competition

I would not give up yet as it’s still mentioned on the Inspire 2 page, there are not many 5K capable systems out there so a ground unit with SSD capability would be something interesting and very desirable but due to the CineCore 2 size though your not going to get something as small as the last Osmo i don’t think, could be wrong though but I also don’t see this as being a lower end product either tbh now with the X5S and X7 so you would be looking at a higher end solution.

Who knows what the plan is but DJI do have a habit of delivering some surprises even after this amount of time.

Let’s hope something pops up soon.

Got to say loving the Ronin-S though and I want [emoji41]

I think it is a enormous f u to all who own the i2 that a osmo has not landed. Its one of the reasons im sticking with the i1 and x5r for now. The i2 and new camera ranges are a money pit.

Well, the Ronin S looks like it's heading down the right sort of size to stick the Cinecore bits into, so all might not be lost yet. I still think it'd be easier for them to make a battery & processor base pack that the X5S/X7 fit onto, and which is then placed on a Ronin...

Interesting to see that they're trying to target Freefly by making the Ronin-S able to be mounted to a RC truck for low level stuff.

I2 processes the signal from the camera and records it to ssd and sd cards, not the camera itself. To make osmo for x5s / x7 camera dji has to put half of I2 brains into the handle. I1 don't process the footage. Everything is done in the camera itself.

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Expect to see a future Osmo 2 priced around £950, obviously it will have to be bigger, just hope DJI keep the interface for the I3 etc also they need to stop releasing all this beta version software leaving us the public to do their work!

Over the years I have given DJI breaks to say in bashing them, now I have not had any issues to say with any of the products however I have read all the service issues and complaints that have accompanied them. Over all the majority of the people I have talked with in the organization have all drawn me to the conclusion of people I do not like to deal with. Fortunately I have had good experiences with my representative not DJI employee but a good person when needed.

This is probably one of the biggest issues I have seen with them, and it all started when they changed out the newer gimbal mount and did not offer an answer for those to fit existing equipment to new devices, example for those who had just bough the x5r could not fit it to, at the time a new I2, so the person who bought an I2 did not have much of a choice to the then brand new x5s camera. Now I really feel bad those just bough the x7 with hope full intent to have an OSMO option.

Either way for what I know and can see my conclusion is as simple as saying DJI has had a proven track record for leaving customers hanging with out any care of anything other then taking their money.

Just another example of poor customer service and not being very open about there direction to help those make important decisions to help grow with thier product, all it does is leave people with a sour taste and the day is coming where a company out there will offer an alternative and when people jump off the ship with out any loyalty, they will have no one to blame other then themselves.

Reactions: drew1house

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell