Purchased Inspire 1 and looking for help on going commercial

Reaction score
I have been searching and very confused on the process in using my drone for commercial purposes
I can only imagine that this has been covered over and over and please FORGIVE me for asking again
I have become very proficient at operating my inspire and being an entrepreneur feel the next step will be to try to generate a few dollars will enjoying the hobby
II have a private pilot license with an instrument rating although I have not flown since 2005 I still have the
license
Of course I want to abide by all the FAA regs and would like help with the process.
I am a bit confused on what is needed I do not want to simply "throw darts at the wall" with this process so if I can either talk with someone that has gone through the process I will be happy to pay for your help
Mike

Don't expect support and for god sake don't damage it or you'll be unemployed for months!!

Best advice is to get a spare from another manufacturer, one that will provide spares OR you will have irate clients! I learnt the hard way!

While you're waiting for your 333 get yourself a cheap Phantom and get a hundred hours or so of just flying. Biggest problem now is guys depend on DJI automation and when they get to a job they don't have a clue what it like in real world production.

Good luck on your ventures having the license is s big step for you.

Mike

Reactions: Asomaro
Do you need to be a liscenced pilot to fly a drone and sell the pictures and videos?

Do you need to be a liscenced pilot to fly a drone and sell the pictures and videos?

No you need to be a licensed pilot aacquire the pictures/video via uav or have one on your payroll (could be contractor too, I believe) that's on site during an operation.

EDIT: That doesn't come out right, you need to have a PIC in play, whether that's you or you have someone on site, they don't have to be operating the uav.