Received my I1 Pro

Reaction score
I ordered the I1 from B&H on the first of January and just received it today. I have not powered it up as I'm still charging batteries. When I ordered B&H indicated a couple weeks for the batteries so I only ordered two from them and placed another order through Amazon for three more and they arrived today along with the I1. So, I will finish charging the batteries tonight or tomorrow before powering up and beginning the firmware update dance. I wanted to be able to get through all the batteries at one shot.

In addition to the I1 Pro I also order, mostly from B&H, three more lenses: Olympus 12mm f/2, Olympus 25mm f/1.8 and Olympus 45mm f/1.7. I weighed all the lenses including the OEM 15mm f/1.7 and found they are all within 1g of the advertised weigh except for the DJI 15mm f/1.7 which came in at 126g versus the advertised value of 115g.

Also ordered were 46mm ND filters of 1 stop, 2 stop, 3 stop and 4 stop. All but the 4 stop ND16 filter were from Hoya and weighed 11g each -- the ND16 from Tiffen weighed 13g. I plan to use the same 46mm filters on the 45mm lens but since it has a 37mm filter thread I ordered a 37mm-46mm step up ring from Sensei -- it weighed 5g.

Lastly, I registered with the FAA and received my UAS registration number. I affixed it to the inside of the battery compartment as others have done.

So, hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow to complete the firmware update and take her up for her maiden voyage. Here's hoping my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 works and I don't have to open the wallet again...

Brian

Reactions: Aviator
Congratulations.
Please let us know your feedback after using it.

Congrats on your purchase... That must have set you back some.... I wish you the best with your first flight and hope to see some pictures / video posted of it!!

Congrats on your purchase... That must have set you back some.... I wish you the best with your first flight and hope to see some pictures / video posted of it!!

Well yeah, the I1 Pro aint cheap but I was originally looking at the S1000+ and when you fill out all the things you need for that it's nearly 2X the I1 Pro cost.

Brian