Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Replacement Inspire 2 and Prores

Reaction score
I have insurance to replace my I2 air frame with State Farm. My current I2 has the prores/ cine core. If I'm replacing the air frame due to loss do I have to buy the prores/cine core again?

Reactions: OverArizona
Do update us on how well that process works.

You may have a few hoops to jump through if you are not returning the original aircraft to DJI for replacement...

That's why I'm asking now, I fly over water all the time, because that's where some of the best shots are, and retrieving the bird could be difficult. I do have AirData which would show not only where it went in, but also how it got there...I'll check with my DJI dealer here in Atlanta. Thanks for your response.

I have insurance to replace my I2 air frame with State Farm. My current I2 has the prores/ cine core. If I'm replacing the air frame due to loss do I have to buy the prores/cine core again?
Yes, since it is linked to the airframe/Serial Number but that would be covered under your insurance on a like for like replacement.
The whole point of indemnity is to put you back in the position you were immediately prior to the loss.

Yes, since it is linked to the airframe/Serial Number but that would be covered under your insurance on a like for like replacement.
The whole point of indemnity is to put you back in the position you were immediately prior to the loss.

I understand, just thought I could save some money by not insuring the Prores/Cinecore component since it's software on every I2, Just a call to the mother ship to activate. Since I've already paid once, no sense in insuring it if it's on the I2 already and it's just an activation request.

By the way, really enjoy the forum, I get a lot of useful knowledge

Reactions: The Editor
From the bits I've seen on the net, you need to do a lot of persuading to get Dji to transfer the license to a new unit. If you can't recover the original I2, you might struggle....
I received a replacement I2 under the Care Refresh program which initially did not have prores or cinecore unlocked. DJI Hong Kong provided a key to unlock both and were very helpful during the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hukumkaikka