SFOC - Ontario Canada

Reaction score
I have applied for a SFOC with the ultimate goal of becoming a compliant operator.

Below comment I find troubling:

"2.You’ve included a statement of compliance with this application. I’m not certain what the goal of that was. Could you clarify if you were looking to become a compliant operator versus a restricted operator – complex? It should be noted that the DJI Inspire 1 is not a compliant UAV in Canada."

Anyone else come across this?

Yes. It is discussed in greater detail in the other SFOC thread. You cannot apply for a compliant operator SFOC without a compliant UAV, of which only two are defined by Transport Canada (and outside of our price range). You need to apply for a restricted operator - complex SFOC and list your date range as being up to one year. You are allowed to put in the purpose of mission a line like:
'Various corporate and assessment projects as they occur', it doesn't have to be super specific.

Thanks for clarification gruvpix. I can live with that, I was thinking I would have to submit for every little job and sit back and wait for approval. A approved term isn't so bad.

Thanks for clarification gruvpix. I can live with that, I was thinking I would have to submit for every little job and sit back and wait for approval. A approved term isn't so bad.
Yes if you need assistance talk to Mark at Flite Lab. He was invaluable in guiding us through the process to get our SFOC.