Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SLR Magic 8mm f/4 Lens mounted on inspire x5r/ drone won't fly

Reaction score
A while back I purchased a SLR Magic 8mm f/4 Lens and had issues - when it was mounted the inspire wouldn't fly, I had forgotten about that an the other day I did the same silly purchase again and again the inspire doesn't fly with this again. I cant remember the error, but I couldn't sort it out so I mounted my trusty Olympus lenses and everything went well.
It this something to do with lenses without contacts that I change prefences in the menu, ie, make the software ignore lenses with communication?

cheers paul

You need a lens that communicates on the X5R, not so on the X5. To get to ultrawide the only solution is the Laowa 7.5 automatic aperture version ($549). Should fly. My experience on fully manual lenses w/o contacts is the SSD isn't recognized.

Reactions: hhung516
You need a lens that communicates on the X5R, not so on the X5. To get to ultrawide the only solution is the Laowa 7.5 automatic aperture version ($549). Should fly. My experience on fully manual lenses w/o contacts is the SSD isn't recognized.

thanks for this. cheers Paul

Wasn’t there some work around like start up the aircraft with the native lens on and then switch out the lenses to get it to take off? Or is that just for the Inspire 2?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido