Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stupid question #2

Reaction score
Several folks made and sold threaded rods to use in balancing the self-tightening props on the P2 series. How does one a) balance the Inspire props, or...b) are they sufficiently in balance as shipped and don't need balancing, and... c) anybody producing or thinking of producing similar prop balancing rods for the Inspire?

There is a chap on ebay UK who is selling them already... I bought the phantom balancer rod from him too.. have a look.. I am really not trying to plug here..

EDIT: Watched again in "full screen" duh. Won't the tape get torn off when that puppy spins at full RPM? Just asking.

The traditional method is sanding material from the heavy prop, if the props are out of balance. If the hub is unbalanced, you add CA ("cyanoacrylate adhesive," or super glue) to the lighter side. I've heard of the tape method, but no personal experience with it.

The traditional method is sanding material from the heavy prop, if the props are out of balance. If the hub is unbalanced, you add CA ("cyanoacrylate adhesive," or super glue) to the lighter side. I've heard of the tape method, but no personal experience with it.

Thanks, Rig. That makes more sense than tape.

Just give them a call..

They are different. The All e RC ones are meant to be used on a Du-Bro prop balancer system, and don't have the shiny counterweight:

product_thumb.php

I don't know where to get the ones in that YT video, but I pasted the link for the All e RC ones further up. I'd go with Du-Bro over a pop can, they are tried and true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar