Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 Battery Station Power Consumption

Reaction score
Does anybody know the power consumption of a DJI Battery Station fully loaded with 6 TB50s? Looking to size a generator for remote/off grid battery charging. Google doesn't know and the manual doesn't specify.

Battery Station TB50 User Guide

Thanks

Looks like each battery can charge at 6.75 amps @ 26.1 volts = 176.2 watts delivered to each battery, estimate charging system 90% efficient so need about 110% input about 200 watts per battery.

The final answer 1200 watt generator (200X6)

• Love
Reactions: marctronixx
Does anybody know the power consumption of a DJI Battery Station fully loaded with 6 TB50s? Looking to size a generator for remote/off grid battery charging. Google doesn't know and the manual doesn't specify.

Battery Station TB50 User Guide

Thanks
From the manual:

1621958465062.png

6.75 x 8 = 54 Amps.
26.1 VAC x 54 Amps = 1409.4 watts
1409.4 watts / 120 VAC = 11.75 amps

The unit pulls 11.75 Amps (max, I assume) at the Edison receptacle. This is just under the continuous allowable rating of 12 amps for a standard 15 Amp home circuit.

Note: I haven't included the Remote Controller or USB Ports, which would most certainly take the amperage over the continuous rating of a 15 amp circuit if everything was @ max charge. But I have a feeling that this unit doesn't stay at max charge for long. If your home breaker trips after 2-5 minutes, you'll know why. The less you are over the rated current pull, the longer it will take the breaker to heat up and eventually trip.

D

Last edited:
Looks like a 2000 Watt generator will do the trick then, assuming that is enough juice for start up. I fill follow up with some test results for anyone else interested in this set up. Thanks for your input.

I'll be interested in hearing the results as I have that generator and wouldn't mind that charging station. I've actually been thinking about having a rack fabricated to fit the trailer hitch on my Subaru so I can charge while driving. Plus, during the summer the fumes inside the car can become a little strong. Winter not a problem (I've been keeping the genie behind my passenger seat), but now that it's warming up the canvas cover doesn't hold the smell in anymore.

Standing by.

d

We ended up renting the Honda 2000W generator as recommended. Ample power for start up and running the battery station. We tested it with 3 pairs of TB50 batteries (takes up to 8), and it fully charged 6 batteries in about an hour. An assistant can the run the batteries as soon as they get discharged resulting in very little down time and nearly continuous operation. The inverter never tripped, however the battery station and batteries get hot. We were shooting in the early morning and evening when the ambient temperature was below 15C. In warmer conditions I suspect the batteries would be reaching their thermal limits if shooting continuously, however adding more batteries would allow time for cool down in this chain.

Highly recommend the battery station for the ability to charge/discharge up to 8 TB50 batteries, 4 Cendence/Crystal Sky Batteries and phone (or any other USB device) simultaneously. Will probably be investing in a generator at some point, right now renting makes the most sense ($35/day).

The 2000W generator was definitely the right choice for this job. Thanks to all for helping determine the power requirements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Questglt