Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The struggle....What would you do?

Reaction score
Ok so I have been collecting a squadron for a little while. I have 2 Inspire 1's. 1 is a version 1 and the other is a version 2. I've been fighting selling the version 1 because I could always use it as a back up if something happened. So the question, what would you do. Would you keep the one as a spare or sell it to fund other drones,parts,etc? I can't always be carrying both drones around it gets old and it takes up a lot of space when I do. I have been thinking of getting a Mavic Pro 2 for those times it would be easier to have something small or as a carry along backup. I would do a Phantom 4 Pro but again I don't think I would want to deal with another bigger drone that takes up space. Eventually the V2 will get sold to get an I2 or something down the road, we all know how that goes...lol. It's the current fight of keeping the spare or not.

The Mavic 2 Pro has a far superior camera to the X3 or the X5

The Mavic 2 Pro is better in most respects in comparison to an Inspire 1 with X3 camera. Better camera, longer flight time, more stable, etc. It can’t cope with strong winds like the Inspire 1 and it certainly looks less like a professional drone but other than that the Mavic 2 Pro is a clear winner.

In comparison with the Inspire 2 with X5S or X7 camera the Mavic 2 Pro falls short on many points. Its camera quality is way off either the X5S or X7, it has no interchangeable lens options, you can’t use the Cendence controller, you can’t control the gimbal, the props can end up in shot, etc....

However, a fully equipped Mavic 2 Pro setup (extra batteries, ND filters, smart controller, etc.) will cost less than £4k whilst a fully equipped Inspire 2 with X7, lenses, Cendence controller, Crystal Sky, battery station, DNG & ProRes licenses, SSDs, etc. will cost well over £20k.

You pay your money you take your choice.

I have both [emoji3]

Reactions: rdweaver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido