Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The Truth About The Part 107 Written Test...

OK, so I'm restricted to 400ft AGL and LoS flight. Why would I need to be able to read a weather forecast? I can physically see the weather conditions. I'm not setting off on a flight to New York!
T.

OK, so I'm restricted to 400ft AGL and LoS flight. Why would I need to be able to read a weather forecast? I can physically see the weather conditions. I'm not setting off on a flight to New York!
T.
Take a step back and look at the big picture, those numbers will not remain the same. The current part 107 is simply a single step towards integrating UAS in the airspace. The current numbers are just the beginning.

The prep course is great but I didn't want to spend any extra money. I just used the materials supplied by the FAA and I passed with an 85 there is a lot of sectional charts on mine it also asked me how long you have to wait for a part 107 certification if you get caught growing marijuana..... I think that was one of the questions that didn't count

I have listened to his free webinars and they were excellent. Although I had already purchased the course from uavcoach, but remote101 was far cheaper so wish I would have seen it sooner.

I've also noted that the part 107 waiver process is a lot more complicated than the test in my opinion. It would be nice to have some information about pulling waivers and permits to fly. I don't think most people realize even after taking the test that they will likely have to do this before every commercial job.

Within the class I took (uavcoach) they had a legal section where a lawyer came online that deals with UAV and the new laws. They also showed where to go to fill out the waiver forms.

Jason's course helped me pass with a 93 - and that was before the new lessons that have been added. I'm very satisfied with my purchase from RemotePilot101...

That being said, without having actually read the test supplements from the FAA and the actual 107 rules I wouldn't have passed with a 90+. I estimate I would have missed an additional 3-4 questions. In other words: I would have passed, but I wouldn't have dominated the test either.

Use a both a class and FAA materials side by side for best results, RemotePilot101 helps contextualize a lot of the FAA supplement - which is invaluable in my opinion.

Let me start by saying the test is legit. A lot of our customers thought we were crazy and perhaps “over-preparing” them with knowledge they wouldn’t need but nothing could be further from the truth.

We’ve been helping pilots of manned aircraft prepare for FAA written tests for 10 years so we know how the FAA can be when it comes to testing.

If you think just reading the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PHAK) will do it (a 600 page tome mind you) or the FAA study guide they send when you sign up for the test - - which is good, but only scratches the surface - - you’ll be setting yourself up for failure.

The test is SO HEAVY in VFR Sectional Charts, Airspace, METARS, TAFs, and scenario based questioning.

They even go as far to ask about sUAS stall characteristics with an aft CG and performance based on load factor.

For example could you read this TAF?

KOKC 051130Z 0512/0618 14008KT 5SM BR BKN030
TEMPO 0513/0516 1 1/2SM BR
FM051600 18010KT P6SM SKC
BECMG 0522/0524 20013G20KT 4SM SHRA OVC020
PROB40 0600/0606 2SM TSRA OVC008CB
BECMG 0606/0608 21015KT P6SM SCT040=

Thats one of the actual TAF’s used on the test. A question might read “What is the weather expected to be at OKC for a flight at 10:00 local?” (Expecting you to know how to convert that into Zulu Time.)

It’s not the kind of test most of us could just show up to and get a passing score.

I’m not here to just push our course on anyone, I’m here to deliver value and make us all safer more capable pilots. This is real world info you’ll be using to submit for certificate’s of wavier and make smart flying decisions. Our course is your course for life so come 2 years from now when you need to test again it’s yours.

A lot of the folks in this forum have used Remote Pilot 101 to pass the written test and I’m sure if you have more questions they would be happy to share.

I encourage you all whether you choose our course or not to study it hard and get a real understanding of the material not just a rote memorization.

Jason Schappert
RemotePilot101.com
Excellent course. Took test on 10/25 and passed. Little surprised that there were no METARs or TAFs, one TFR in a METAR like format, one latitude/longitude, lots of weather plus numerous UAS operational/management questions. Jason's course is best ... cost & quality.

I took your course and passed. I wanted to take a second to say that you have a great way of connecting with people and did a great job on teaching me what I needed to know to pass. It was easy to follow and even easier to recap before the test. Tomorrow I will get on IACRA and get that done but I already have jobs lined up. Again, Thank You!

The truth about the part 107 is you dont need to pay hundreds for a study guide when all the information is readily available and free online. The FAA remote pilot study guide is a good place to start and part107pilot.com almost covers everything else. 3dr'S website also has some awsome test questions and information, If anybody has questions just message me and ill tell you all the resources i used. I passed with a 88% and new i could have did better if i would have throughly read a few of the test questions.

The truth about the part 107 is you dont need to pay hundreds for a study guide when all the information is readily available and free online. The FAA remote pilot study guide is a good place to start and part107pilot.com almost covers everything else. 3dr'S website also has some awsome test questions and information, If anybody has questions just message me and ill tell you all the resources i used. I passed with a 88% and new i could have did better if i would have throughly read a few of the test questions.
cdizzle666, while I applaud your attempt to hijack this thread the truth of the matter is that your site is literally a copy and paste of the information already available online. Anyone could do that and to top it off your site has 3 whole topics in the forum. I personally would appreciate it if you were not so rude to someone here that has an actual license to teach from the FAA and has actual product to offer that actually helps people. Unlike your "forum", remotepilot101.com has tons of people who are satisfied with his teaching techniques. You on the otherhand have a forum where you coppied from elsewhere on the internet and pasted it into your site. But hey, the graphics looks good. So like I said originally, Thank you to Jason and the remotepilot101.com's team for getting me through it. P.S. it is Thoroughly and Awesome, not throughy and awsome.

cdizzle666, while I applaud your attempt to hijack this thread the truth of the matter is that your site is literally a copy and paste of the information already available online. Anyone could do that and to top it off your site has 3 whole topics in the forum. I personally would appreciate it if you were not so rude to someone here that has an actual license to teach from the FAA and has actual product to offer that actually helps people. Unlike your "forum", remotepilot101.com has tons of people who are satisfied with his teaching techniques. You on the otherhand have a forum where you coppied from elsewhere on the internet and pasted it into your site. But hey, the graphics looks good. So like I said originally, Thank you to Jason and the remotepilot101.com's team for getting me through it. P.S. it is Thoroughly and Awesome, not throughy and awsome.
Part107pilot isnt MY web sight, i just thought it had a good compilation of information and resources. There forum is lacking but their study guide and information isnt. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

Part107pilot isnt MY web sight, i just thought it had a good compilation of information and resources. There forum is lacking but their study guide and information isnt. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.
Actually it didn't hurt my feelings. You did however post a rude comment on another member's thread. Jason is a legitimate business and an actual FAA instructor. He is also an approved vendor of this site. For you to go into his thread and start insinuating that people shouldn't spend money on his course makes you look a fool. In my honest opinion you need to learn some professional courtesy. So you owe me no apology but that's not to say you don't owe someone one.

I agree theoaff. Sure, someone can find free resources and learn all that is required. But for $99, RemotePilot101 was able to give me all of the relevant information in an easy to understand and follow method, and in a short period of time. It all boils down to how valuable your time is. Not only currently, but when it's time to renew and the laws have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: Skyward Imaging
Let me start by saying the test is legit. A lot of our customers thought we were crazy and perhaps “over-preparing” them with knowledge they wouldn’t need but nothing could be further from the truth.

We’ve been helping pilots of manned aircraft prepare for FAA written tests for 10 years so we know how the FAA can be when it comes to testing.

If you think just reading the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PHAK) will do it (a 600 page tome mind you) or the FAA study guide they send when you sign up for the test - - which is good, but only scratches the surface - - you’ll be setting yourself up for failure.

The test is SO HEAVY in VFR Sectional Charts, Airspace, METARS, TAFs, and scenario based questioning.

They even go as far to ask about sUAS stall characteristics with an aft CG and performance based on load factor.

For example could you read this TAF?

KOKC 051130Z 0512/0618 14008KT 5SM BR BKN030
TEMPO 0513/0516 1 1/2SM BR
FM051600 18010KT P6SM SKC
BECMG 0522/0524 20013G20KT 4SM SHRA OVC020
PROB40 0600/0606 2SM TSRA OVC008CB
BECMG 0606/0608 21015KT P6SM SCT040=

Thats one of the actual TAF’s used on the test. A question might read “What is the weather expected to be at OKC for a flight at 10:00 local?” (Expecting you to know how to convert that into Zulu Time.)

It’s not the kind of test most of us could just show up to and get a passing score.

I’m not here to just push our course on anyone, I’m here to deliver value and make us all safer more capable pilots. This is real world info you’ll be using to submit for certificate’s of wavier and make smart flying decisions. Our course is your course for life so come 2 years from now when you need to test again it’s yours.

A lot of the folks in this forum have used Remote Pilot 101 to pass the written test and I’m sure if you have more questions they would be happy to share.

I encourage you all whether you choose our course or not to study it hard and get a real understanding of the material not just a rote memorization.

Jason Schappert
RemotePilot101.com

Hi Jason, I've been trying to find out as much as I can about you and Remotepilot101, before I choose an online course to take. I already know the test is legit, since I've taken a test like this before, for general contracting. After doing some research, I feel confident, your course is what I'm looking for. I was just about to purchase the course and noticed you have a field provided for a promo code. Not sure how to direct message you on this forum so I'll just ask you. Do you have any promos running now? Please DM me if you do. Hoping for good results and forward progress. Thanks in advance - Han

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pradeepnama123