Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

To all engineers and developers

Reaction score
I own EBI Surveying. We are a land surveying company with drones, licensed and insured. We use them for close range photogrammetry. Here’s the money maker...

There are drones with RTK but for some reason the drone manufacturers believe that the position should be that if the drone. The real money and time saving component would be the RTK position at the focal point is the camera. This would all but eliminate the need for ground control points. Solve that mystery and you will make drone mapping the greatest thing to hit surveying since GPS.

Eric Blackburn
President
EBI Surveying

I own EBI Surveying. We are a land surveying company with drones, licensed and insured. We use them for close range photogrammetry. Here’s the money maker...

There are drones with RTK but for some reason the drone manufacturers believe that the position should be that if the drone. The real money and time saving component would be the RTK position at the focal point is the camera. This would all but eliminate the need for ground control points. Solve that mystery and you will make drone mapping the greatest thing to hit surveying since GPS.

Eric Blackburn
President
EBI Surveying
Moved to surveying and mapping section.

What information is embedded in the image EXIF data? Any 3D vectors for gimbal, compass heading ? I would imagine the accuracy error in using that information to imply lens local point from RTK point, would be too much to get a good reading. Wouldn't be too hard to write some software to calculate the 3D offset of RTK position based on Gimbal vectors and lens offsets... But would need alot of testing to see how accurate it could be in practice.,

Hi eric,

This might be doable, at least look into seeing if a rough proof of concept could be built. I sent you a pm via the forum but feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool