Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UAV Insurance Group On Facebook!

An Essay on Unmanned Aerial Systems and Risk Assessment

A friend of mine from Southern Illinois University sent this article to me. Some great information that you may be interested in reading.

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]

Attachments

• UAS Essay.pdf
    383.8 KB · Views: 3
Hello!

Global Aerospace updated their Online Commercial UAS Insurance Portal yesterday! Some of the new features are highlighted below. If you are a commercial operator looking for coverage, this is your place.

UAS Portal Highlights - July 2017

1. Home Screen - for the insured portal

New look Home Screen, same great insurance coverage

2. Additional safety resources - Complimentary

All policyholders will now receive the 'Best Practice Guide to Prevent Against Claims of Invasion of Privacy' as a complimentary safety resource in addition to the 'Standard Operating Procedure' and 'Introductory Guide to Emergency Response' documents.

3. Quote email with online payment link

For your convenience, the quote email you receive when submitting an application from the Broker portal will now have the (please click here) online Payment link instead of the login link. You can forward this email directly to the insured for payment options.

4. Instant quotes (Auto-rating)!!

The instant quotes, immediate purchase options and instantaneous coverage you have been waiting for are now here! We now have auto-rating. You will be presented with a variety of quotes as part of the application process that you can immediately purchase online. (Note - certain criteria will still require underwriter review)

5. Free TRIA

TRIA is now include free in your premium automatically. You will not be required to choose to purchase or decline TRIA anymore, it's free!

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]
Get Your Online UAS Insurance Quote Now!

Hey Joe. I am not based in the US. I am based in Australia and fly all around south east asia. Can I get a policy that covers me in these areas from an insurance broker not based in Australia?

Stampy,

I am only licensed to do business in the US. I believe that you will have to find an Australia based aviation insurance broker. It should not be too difficult. If you want me to help search, please let me know.

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]

Yeah, Could you? It would be cool to see your reaction to the prices that we are charged here =) hoping you can point me towards a much better deal =)

or even hong kong based, would be good.

Can I get a UAV insurance policy that covers me while I am outside of the USA?

Yes. Before you buy a UAV insurance policy, make sure that you review the "Policy Territory" section with care. Each company has their own covered territory. Some are more broad than others. Be sure to let your broker know that you need to be covered in a specific territory. Also, Mexico and Canada have been known to have some very serious aviation insurance regulations. So, like anything else in life, do as much research on local regulations before flying in unfamiliar regions or countries. We have seen more than one aircraft be "nationalized" by the Mexican Government.

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
Bullock Agency, Inc.
[email protected]

Hi Joe,

I am currently living in Finland and recently became registered to fly after attending a course. I also purchased 3rd Party Liability insurance that covers aviation. Would your policies cover Europe as well, i.e. Finland?

Hi Joe,

I am currently living in Finland and recently became registered to fly after attending a course. I also purchased 3rd Party Liability insurance that covers aviation. Would your policies cover Europe as well, i.e. Finland?
For any European coverage on UAV's they will need to be (EC) 785/2004 compliant. To my knowledge there are no polices written within the United States that would fit this criteria.
Certainly, none are underwritten domestically within the US that are suitable. It is possible that certain cover holders could have binding authorities in place but they are unlikely to give underwriting authority for international risks.

Reactions: deltalimatango
@deltalimatango - The policies that I sell have a Worldwide policy territory. However, due to US insurance regulations, your company must be based in the US. So, under my policies, a US based company would have coverage all over the world.

@stampy - After an internet search, I was able to locate two aviation insurance brokers based in Australia that have a dedicated UAV insurance page on their website's. This is a good place to start. Their links are below.

UAV Quote - Aviation Insurance Australia | Aviation Insurance Australia

UAV Insurance | Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Insurance | Drone Insurance | Bill Owen Insurance Brokers

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]

Reactions: deltalimatango
@deltalimatango - The policies that I sell have a Worldwide policy territory. However, due to US insurance regulations, your company must be based in the US. So, under my policies, a US based company would have coverage all over the world.

@stampy - After an internet search, I was able to locate two aviation insurance brokers based in Australia that have a dedicated UAV insurance page on their website's. This is a good place to start. Their links are below.

UAV Quote - Aviation Insurance Australia | Aviation Insurance Australia

UAV Insurance | Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Insurance | Drone Insurance | Bill Owen Insurance Brokers

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]
thank you fine sir

Hello!

Just an update on commercial UAS insurance. Due to the large amount of policies written, and the relatively low amount of claims, prices have come down quite a bit with Global Aerospace. If you are interested in getting a commercial UAS insurance quote from Global Aerospace, please follow the link below to their online UAS insurance portal. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to help.

https://bullock.aeroinsure.com/DTM/US/UAS/Home

Sincerely,

Joe Ernster
Bullock Agency, Inc.
[email protected]

No worries, I thought I'd check this box off.
Although I think the film industry offers per job insurance. It might be something worth looking into. You would probably get more business.
From an operator viewpoint, it is more manageable this way. You can quote a price to your client including the job insurance cost. Everybody wins.
Check out the app Verifly. You can purchase drone liability insurance by the hour, block of hours, and/or day. I use it exactly as you have described (each gig includes a line item for insurance that covers this cost)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide