UK UK CAA regulations regarding using a drone on a commercial site

Reaction score
Hello All
Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the UK regulations on flying a drone within the site boundaries of a commercial site to give assistance to the onsite fire crew.

Basically I have been asked if its possible to use a drone (DJI drone with XT thermal camera) on a site to aid the onsite fire team if there is a fire on the premises , just wondering if you have to be licensed pilot to fly or can a fire team member just fly it ???

The drone will only be used within the site boundaries , no where else.

Thanks in advance

Pwack

It doesn't fall in a NFZ

Its a private site , the company that operates on it also owns the land.

Unless you're getting paid for it, at which point you'll need a PfCO -This is the bit i wasn't sure of - the security guards will be the ones controlling the drone , only flying within the site boundary for security/Fire support . As they are being paid by the company who wants them to use the drone does that constitute them needing a PfCO.??????

Yes - it is being used for commercial purposes.
A PfCO will be required.

Moved to correct section.

I whould like to take my PfCO, and have been looking for matrials so that i cam learn as much as I can before I take the test.
can anyone point me in the right direction.
Papatone UK

Yes sorry about that post, not very clear.
I want to get my drone pilots license, but need some advice about how to go about it, NQE training,books on the subject etc.