Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Use Inspire 2 props on Inspire 1 Pro?

Reaction score
With the stock of 1345T props running low there has been a large increase in cost of the Inspire 1 Pro props (1345T or part 69)
I was wondering if anyone has had experience switching the motor mounts and using different props on their inspire 1 Pro or inspire.

With the stock of 1345T props running low there has been a large increase in cost of the Inspire 1 Pro props (1345T or part 69)
I was wondering if anyone has had experience switching the motor mounts and using different props on their inspire 1 Pro or inspire.

I have used the Xoar props (which are fantastic and last forever), the T-Motor CF and the Inspire 2 props on the I1. The XOAR props are the quietest and have least vibration. For the I2 props, you need to get the newer prop mounts for the motor with the positive locking (see image). You also need to trim a bit over 1/4 inch off the front props length for clearance in landing mode (when the gear is down.) The rear props have plenty of clearance without modification. The I2 props have the longest flight time. I also tried using a pair of the I2 high-altitude props (again, trimmed) only on the front and they were very SLIGHTLY better since the higher pitch seemed to compensate for the shorter length.

Of course, check balance after trimming. Trim straight across then smooth and round all edges. As long as both ends are same length from hub it will be fine.

I've built over 50 quads and hexes from scratch since 2012 and found that the DJI controllers (NAZA, A2, A3, etc.) do a fantastic job of making the small adjustments necessary for things like minor prop differences, etc. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Attachments

• 20190808_140251.jpg
    20190808_140251.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 20190808_140149.jpg
    20190808_140149.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
I will only use the XOAR props. They may be a little bit on the expensive side but worth every penny.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah