Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Using cell internal resistance for battery health

My charger have this feature. Honestly never used it to monitor the life of all my batteries as it is obvious when the battery goes weak, flight time is reduced or the power kick goes weak in majority of the time.
But for new batteries I check their IR on the first charging cycle just to get an idea if some of the cells are not good from the factory and what to expect in a long term.

Reactions: McBuster
My charger have this feature. Honestly never used it to monitor the life of all my batteries as it is obvious when the battery goes weak, flight time is reduced or the power kick goes weak in majority of the time.
But for new batteries I check their IR on the first charging cycle just to get an idea if some of the cells are not good from the factory and what to expect in a long term.
Hello Niki.! .. What you say is very interesting, it makes me think that as the battery loses its load capacity, its internal resistance increases, could you share the name and model of the charger you use to monitor the GO of the batteries.? .. Greetings to you.! ..

Hello Niki.! .. What you say is very interesting, it makes me think that as the battery loses its load capacity, its internal resistance increases, could you share the name and model of the charger you use to monitor the GO of the batteries.? .. Greetings to you.! ..
ICharger 4010 DUO
€ 366,13 | iCharger 4010 Duo 2000W 40A 10S Dual Port Lipo Life Battery Charger DC NIB

Attachments

• -1566343886-649986283.jpg
    -1566343886-649986283.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 0

Attachments

• -5315761401361202225.jpg
    -5315761401361202225.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1

Attachments

• -1310519437-1069587748.jpg
    -1310519437-1069587748.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm using ICharger 308 Duo from several years, it's very good for my needs. I'm not monitoring the life of my batteries using the IR, just on a first charge I'm looking at it to get an idea about the quality of the battery. For example last week I've got 4 new batteries and while all of them had their IR around 0.28-0.30 there was one cell showing IR of 0.50, that simply shows that this cell is with different quality than the others.

I'm using ICharger 308 Duo from several years, it's very good for my needs. I'm not monitoring the life of my batteries using the IR, just on a first charge I'm looking at it to get an idea about the quality of the battery. For example last week I've got 4 new batteries and while all of them had their IR around 0.28-0.30 there was one cell showing IR of 0.50, that simply shows that this cell is with different quality than the others.
Niki: Only that cell in that battery had a higher internal resistance than the others.?… Only in that battery.? the remaining batteries were relatively even the internal resistances of their cells ..? ...

Niki: Only that cell in that battery had a higher internal resistance than the others.?… Only in that battery.? the remaining batteries were relatively even the internal resistances of their cells ..? ...
Yes only one battery had a cell with different IR than the rest cells of the pack. Those are brand new tatu batteries. Trough the years I've got only one tatu that turned very quickly to half of it's mAh capacity, this could be the second one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah