Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Virus

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone having issues finding work with the virus? What has picked up and what has slowed down? For me weddings have stopped of course.

Real estate work took a hit here in north Texas. Jan 1 - Jun 30 in 2019 I had 161 jobs. Same period in 2020 was 11 jobs.

Same thing out here in Hawai’i. We used to have bus loads of Japanese tourists everywhere, weddings galore all over the beaches and parks, even construction has slowed down. So much more has been affected but I feel like that is obvious.

The point I’d like to make though is that I think things are going to get better for part 107 pilots. Canada has basically made it illegal to fly drone unless you have a license and these days nobody wants to be “hands on” anything. That’s where we come in. I’m all for collaboration with good people. Keep me in mind if anyone makes it out to hawaii, aloooooha.

Business picked up quite significantly this year for me in commercial real estate. It seems executives can’t travel to buildings they’re working on to see progress, so the locals hire me to do virtual tours.

Same for builders that build neighborhoods, people want new homes but don’t want to physically visit until they’ve narrowed their choice, so builders have me do virtual tours for homes.

I've actually had more inspections from people not wanting to travel but at the same time, things have been horrible this year. These last 2 months have been getting better being busy in all areas of commercial real estate, investors not wanting to travel and mapping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela