Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

World's largest Menorah...

I really liked around 1:40 where the pullback shot starts, and how you cut it up with other takes as the pullback continued between. This is an element I use myself that I feel many others forsake. Also when the full fire comes in towards the end...worth it. Great job.

-KG

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I really liked around 1:40 where the pullback shot starts, and how you cut it up with other takes as the pullback continued between. This is an element I use myself that I feel many others forsake. Also when the full fire comes in towards the end...worth it. Great job.

-KG

Thanx!

A couple firsts for me here:

1) Shot 24 FPS (usually shoot 30)
2) Shot DCI (Usually shoot UHD)
3) Used a LUT (found one I liked very quickly)
4) Turned the video around in less than 24 hours (literally started editing this morning on a whim)

Not a first:

5) Strictly adhered to the 180° shutter rule (I generally do this, but not always)

I like the end result and the client was very happy with it, so I got that goin' for me.

I think I'm going to go with 24 FPS DCI from now on. I like the result I got this time.

D

Reactions: DKG13CC
I think were on a similar wavelength here.

I used to much prefer 30fps to my own eyes, especially when yawing or panning. But to my customers 24fps is desired. After much client input I shoot all 24fps DCI 4K (unless the client asks for 5.2k or 6k in either cinemaDNG or Prores). I prefer DCI also for the true 24fps instead of 23.97 or whatever with UHD. The framerate really does provide a cinematic “feel”.

I also very much like the ARRI and DJI log-to-rec.709 LUTs for DJI’s log, they provide me with the color space I like to operate in.

I think youll enjoy the 24fps switch!

-KG

Last edited:
I think were on a similar wavelength here.

I used to much prefer 30fps to my own eyes, especially when yawing or panning. But to my customers 24fps is desired. After much client input I shoot all 24fps DCI 4K (unless the client asks for 5.2k or 6k in either cinemaDNG or Prores). I prefer DCI also for the true 24fps instead of 23.97 or whatever with UHD. The framerate really does provide a cinematic “feel”.

I also very much like the ARRI and DJI log-to-rec.709 LUTs for DJI’s log, they provide me with the color space I like to operate in.

I think youll enjoy the 24fps switch!

-KG

I once asked an experience DP about when to shoot 30FPS and when to shoot 24FPS. His answer was brilliant. Paraphrasing, "As a RULE OF THUMB, shoot 24FPS for fiction and art films and 30FPS for non-fiction." So, since this video isn't really telling a story per-se (non-fiction), but is more artistic, I shot 24FPS.

D

Awesome video! I'm new to drone photography but I already have 7 years of experience in photography. I wanted to experience something new so I recently bought a Ryze Tello Quadcopter Drone. I hope ill get used to controlling the drone.

Last edited:
Awesome video! I'm new to drone photography but I already have 7 years of experience in photography. I wanted to experience something new so I recently bought a Ryze Tello Quadcopter Drone. I hope ill get used to controlling the drone.

Thanx! I'm glad you liked it. But I'll tell you that I used my Inspire 1 with dual operator. I operated the camera while my pilot flew the drone. We've been working together for years. The dual operator mode really allows for some kewl dynamic shots. I can do compound camera moves (like simultaneous pan, tilt, roll), while my PIC does elevates while pulling back while yawing. These kind of compound moves are impossible to do in single operator mode. That said, lots of guys have gotten some pretty awesome stuff in single operator mode. So best of luck to you! Keep us informed on how you like that Tello.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44