Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 Issues with The App and Lenses

Reaction score
Ok, so my problems seamed to start today when I put a new Olympus 14 - 42mm EZ on the X5. I'm using a 1 V2 Inspire with an X5 which I presume makes it a Pro?

I updated the firmware on everything and it is now telling me

Android App : 3.1.43
Version 1.11.01.50+
Camera 1.11.1.50
Remote 1.7.80
Flight Controller Serial No. 041D3104**

It will now only come up in the App as an Inspire 1. There is no option of a drop down box that used to give the options of 1 Pro and Pro Raw. I have tried this on a phone and a tablet. I have tried re-installing the App.

And then you see the image but you have no control over the camera settings if you accept Inspire 1.

On another note, I also can't get the Olympus to do anything. It is the Pancake version so it;s the correct one but one step at a time if anyone can help me with getting the app to recognise that it's a Pro with the X5 on it!

I have tried the Inspire 1 with an X 3 camera and it works fine. I have tried the X5 on another Inspire 1 V1 and I get the same issue. I think this all pinpoints to the firmware on the X5 it's self. Anyway of re-flashing the X5 with an older version of the firmware I wonder?

Many thanks....

Last edited:
I would try it on an apple device. Then go back to android, it might kick it into action.
I was 100% android before I got my x5r and I made the switch to apple as it seemed more popular with DJI and I never looked back.
a

I would try it on an apple device. Then go back to android, it might kick it into action.
I was 100% android before I got my x5r and I made the switch to apple as it seemed more popular with DJI and I never looked back.
a
Thanks but it is definitely the issue with the X5, not the App. I believe it is probably bricked which is very frustrating. It seems crazy that there is no way of rolling back the firmware on it but I can;t find any way to. Anybody have any other ideas?

You can apparently roll back the firmware. I saw it posted a while back.
Spend 20 mins on google and you will find it I'm sure, its been posted in the last year.

I have it on my PC somewhere, if I find it I will post it, but its something to do with editing the text file version numbers with _ BLANKS.

100% not trolling someone posted it before, either here or elsewhere.

You can apparently roll back the firmware. I saw it posted a while back.
Spend 20 mins on google and you will find it I'm sure, its been posted in the last year.

I have it on my PC somewhere, if I find it I will post it, but its something to do with editing the text file version numbers with _ BLANKS.

100% not trolling someone posted it before, either here or elsewhere.
Found it...

Thanks for all the follow-up help with this issues guys!
We've found the solution:
It appears the 1.11 version of the Inspire Firmware did not allow downgrading by default as previous iterations did.
However, there is a workaround.
Simply create an Empty File with no extension with the name:
For X5R camera - WM610_FC550R_FW_DEBUG
For X5 camera - WM610_FC550_FW_DEBUG
For X3 camera - WM610_FW_DEBUG

Place the empty, extensionless file along with the desired Firmware Downgrade .bin file onto the MicroSD card and wait 40 minutes for the downgrade. The other cool feature of this DEBUG hack is the ability to downgrade multiple versions at once. So you can take your Inspire from FW1.11 straight to 1.08 in a single go.

Hope this helps some others!

Reactions: FlyingPhotosKR
Apologies, I have only just seen this. I will try this shortly. The camera is boxed up waiting for DJI return. I'll try it and report back....

Where do I get 'the desired Firmware Downgrade .bin' from and what version should I be downgrading it to as I'm ion the latest now????

Many thanks.... If anyone saves my bacon today in time for a job tomorrow I will be forever grateful!!!

Unfortunately I have tried this but it failed. I believe it failed due to the failure of installing the firmware the first time and that it is 'bricked' so back waiting for my UPS label to arrive! :-( Thanks anyway

Just an update..... DJI tell me it is the main board at a cost of 330 Euros! they told me this within a couple of hours of receiving it back. This is despite them telling me on the phone that there should be no charge to 'unbrick' it. Like many other posts I have seen, the camera worked perfectly before the update. I tried it many times whilst on the phone to their support centre. I have emailed them and called them so now awaiting their response. I find it almost impossible to believe that there is really a hardware failure. Far far too much of a coincidence.

An update from DJI. They are now providing the repair free of charge. Good customer service in the end...

Reactions: MrTVR
Just an update..... DJI tell me it is the main board at a cost of 330 Euros! they told me this within a couple of hours of receiving it back. This is despite them telling me on the phone that there should be no charge to 'unbrick' it. Like many other posts I have seen, the camera worked perfectly before the update. I tried it many times whilst on the phone to their support centre. I have emailed them and called them so now awaiting their response. I find it almost impossible to believe that there is really a hardware failure. Far far too much of a coincidence.

DJI did the same thing to me, my X5 woiuld never work with Zoom lens cannot use zoom. And found I had fuzzy pictures despite the focus calibration and I did not know for sure as I only had one drone., i got a P4P and it was way clearer i sent samples of each to DJI they would not tell me if the would cover it because i had evidence it was like that from factory, they said said it in for repair, they siadnit had a bad board and pay the $460. BUT that is the last money DJI gets from me. I have found DJI lies like a sidewalk! Cannot wait for a new drone company with ethics. Also I bought DJI googles for the P4P and inspire because DJI said you can control camera or drone head movements. It does nothing but a screen with the inspire1 and even thought in the manual it said I should be able to control flight for P4P they lied and revised later. As I said. Everything DJI markets they lie about quality and functions. Hope this catches up with them eventually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide