Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Xoar CF props question

Reaction score
Hi everyone new to I-1 forum recreational pilot (for now). Located in kansas city kansas. Recently got a decent deal on inspire 1 and mods are in progress. Got a 9000mah moded batt, engineered a payload release system (pics to post soon), now ready to install Xoar CF folding props, but have a concern. The mfg instructions didn't mention any specs or suggestions on the mfg hub pivot screws tightness or looseness . The q is how easy should the props move? I know you don't want them too snug as to prevent the centrifugal forces from keep the props at right angle to hubs.
They came pre-assembled and seem a bit snug to move, not difficult but takes (my guess) about 5lbs of finger pressure to move them in the pivot hub. My guess you don't want them floppy nor to tight either. Is there any torque specs or rule of thumb to follow?
TIA
FYI I plan to install them tomorrow for test flights.

My Xoar folding props have been no problem. They are tight. Straighten them out before arming the drone to avoid violent shaking if you leave them folded as they spin themselves out.

I was able to cut the foam in My Pelican case so the Inspire fits snugly without removing the props and doesn't put a load on them.

There is no more badass sounding and looking drone than an Inspire with CF props...

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Hi everyone new to I-1 forum recreational pilot (for now). Located in kansas city kansas. Recently got a decent deal on inspire 1 and mods are in progress. Got a 9000mah moded batt, engineered a payload release system (pics to post soon), now ready to install Xoar CF folding props, but have a concern. The mfg instructions didn't mention any specs or suggestions on the mfg hub pivot screws tightness or looseness . The q is how easy should the props move? I know you don't want them too snug as to prevent the centrifugal forces from keep the props at right angle to hubs.
They came pre-assembled and seem a bit snug to move, not difficult but takes (my guess) about 5lbs of finger pressure to move them in the pivot hub. My guess you don't want them floppy nor to tight either. Is there any torque specs or rule of thumb to follow?
TIA
TIA
Hello. I have the experience of having installed T-Motors carbon fiber folding propellers, they are great, very practical when folding them to store my Inspire2, my suggestion is that when installing the ones you have, use a work- bolts, of low or medium grade, for the bolts that fix the base where the propellers are secured to the engine, in order to prevent vibration from unscrewing the bolts. Regarding the tightening of the bolts that fix the propellers to the base, this tightening must be enough to allow the propellers to move without difficulty, for example, if you put the propellers on edge, they must fall on their own, this way soft, but not slow, it is understood.?. They must be left with that clearance in order to avoid vibrations in the motors and in the arms of the Inspire. These vibrations appear when the propellers are somewhat tight. since at a higher or lower turning speed, the propellers are accommodated to be as stretched as possible. I hope this information helps you. Regards.!👍

Hello. I have the experience of having installed T-Motors carbon fiber folding propellers, they are great, very practical when folding them to store my Inspire2, my suggestion is that when installing the ones you have, use a work- bolts, of low or medium grade, for the bolts that fix the base where the propellers are secured to the engine, in order to prevent vibration from unscrewing the bolts. Regarding the tightening of the bolts that fix the propellers to the base, this tightening must be enough to allow the propellers to move without difficulty, for example, if you put the propellers on edge, they must fall on their own, this way soft, but not slow, it is understood.?. They must be left with that clearance in order to avoid vibrations in the motors and in the arms of the Inspire. These vibrations appear when the propellers are somewhat tight. since at a higher or lower turning speed, the propellers are accommodated to be as stretched as possible. I hope this information helps you. Regards.!👍
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
I'm a bit cloudy on your term "soft" but if I assume correctly your instructions are that the prop pivot screw is to be loose enough so that the blade when turned on edge falls due to gravity on its own but not so loose it swings like a pendulum, more like a gentle drop until its pointing down. Is that correct?

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
I'm a bit cloudy on your term "soft" but if I assume correctly your instructions are that the prop pivot screw is to be loose enough so that the blade when turned on edge falls due to gravity on its own but not so loose it swings like a pendulum, more like a gentle drop until its pointing down. Is that correct?
Friend…You said it.!!!..Exactly, you have described very well what I mean. So I hope that once you install them... you enjoy a calm and very stable flight...!!... Regards.!!..

Reactions: inspectorgreg
Have both Xoar and T-Motor folding... Both Great! You can also get the Xoar Quick Mounts, allows to spin them off quickly & remount if you don't want to modify case. I moved to new props not for transport, but for superior blade design and if ever a mild prop contact, the folding action improves the chance of blade survival & landing.

Just to mention, I did experience an oddity on a cold morning below freezing. The Inspire 2 didn't want to lift-off evenly. It lifted the nose high while rear struts touched ground, inspected Props and tried again with same results. Swapped out OEM props and it flew fine... not sure of exact cause. Hasn't repeated since.

Reactions: inspectorgreg
Well, the concensus is from Xoar, members here and othe pilots, it seems that there is no official torque spec to follow on the folding prop pivot screw(s). What is clear is the screw should not be so tight that the prop doesn't drop when you turn the props on its side 90 deg to it regular operation plane and let it fall. The screw shouldn't be too loose either when the same procedure it falls and swings like a pendulum. The prop should fall and point down gently is the best advice from many. Hope this helps for others using folding props in the future. Happy skies!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla