xt thermal

Reaction score
Hi all,
i just picked up my xt radiometric thermal today, ive had a quick play but its raining as you would guess.

So ive loaded the data into the Flir tools program and i can not get any data on the temperature , its basically just a pic.

once you read the manual , it shows other features to select different format types to fix this.
DJI has once again made it more complicated , as with the X5 when you select picture section it shows a list of what you can select.
In the thermal version STILL using the go app it only shows JPEG , you then need to click on it to open more options ...... the same with many of the settings in the XT version of the go app.

cheers

Attachments

• DJI_0001.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

The range data might be hidden in the metadata of the images (e.g. min/max), and then it would be up to you to use the color value to interpolate the temperature. I was thinking about procuring an XT but this is making me think twice if the tools that are GA don't allow you to get an absolute calibrated temp reading on a particular point-of-interest, without having to go through rigamarole in the DJI GO app...

Moved to correct section.

Question & Thoughts…. I was considering purchasing the Flir XT R 640 30Hz for my Inspire. I see they are running in the $11,500 range.

The Tau2 camera alone is about $6,900 making the gimbal $5,100 which seems a bit crazy.

Got me thinking about an alternative. What about a Vue Pro R 640 30Hz ($4,700) on a 3DR Solo ($400) with an OEM Cameras Flir/Solo Gimbal ($1,500), including another aerial platform.

That's about 1/2 the cost of the Inspire Flir XT gimbal setup. I really couldn't find an appreciable difference between the Tau2 & Vue Pro R specs to make that a deciding factor.

I suspect many will say you can't compare the Inspire to the SOLO and I agree, however I just need to get the IR camera aloft and really don't see a major advantage in using the Inspire for the inspection work I have planned.

Having another bird is also something to consider on the plus side.

Any thoughts…. Am I missing something…….