Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

you dirty inspire you!!!

Reaction score
Is anyone out there cleaning their inspire, and if so with what? i noticed that mine is getting pretty dirty especially around the exposed rubber parts and in the creases of the shell, and you can't just blow it off

Haven't had to but considering the electronics, canned dust spray remover comes to mind.

Is anyone out there cleaning their inspire, and if so with what? i noticed that mine is getting pretty dirty especially around the exposed rubber parts and in the creases of the shell, and you can't just blow it off
Brand new DRY paint brush works wonders. Half inch and One inch should do it. :)

Ok, I was also thinking about the brush the car detailers use on the AC vents etc
You can use one of those if you already have one.
I probably wouldn't buy one especially as since it's a 'Car Detailing Brush' they will probably charge you four times as much for something that will do the same job as a paint brush ;)
Kinda like going into a bakery and asking for a nice cake and they tell you it's $30 but if you mention it's for a wedding they stick a plastic Bride and Groom on the same cake and say "Ohhhh... it's for a wedding, that will be $4,200" - Same cake, different price :p:p:p

I use keyboard cleaner,with straw nozzle u can get inside and get most of dirt and debris, samys camera has several different compressed air camera cleaners also, if you think the small parts are sensitive to air pressure dont spray to close,but works great for me.

I probably wouldn't buy one especially as since it's a 'Car Detailing Brush' they will probably charge you four times as much for something that will do the same job as a paint brush ;)
Kinda like going into a bakery and asking for a nice cake and they tell you it's $30 but if you mention it's for a wedding they stick a plastic Bride and Groom on the same cake and say "Ohhhh... it's for a wedding, that will be $4,200" - Same cake, different price :p:p:p

Hahaha yea that's tru

I use keyboard cleaner,with straw nozzle u can get inside and get most of dirt and debris, samys camera has several different compressed air camera cleaners also, if you think the small parts are sensitive to air pressure dont spray to close,but works great for me.

Ok thanks for the input

Just so it was said, the reason detail brushes are more expensive, it's because they use horse hair in some of the detail brushes.

Mark

Just so it was said, the reason detail brushes are more expensive, it's because they use horse hair in some of the detail brushes.

Mark
You're right, tricky to catch those horses!
Mind you, Don think our Inspires will mind if it's horses hair, badger hair or albatross feathers we clean them with.....as long as we keep them dust free and give them some love:p:p

I went to the Harley dealership and bought their detail kit for the bikes, they have a lot of small little places to get to and it works great

I was just bringing my Inspire back to Homepoint, manually in gps, in light wind (5 gusting to 10) It was within 20 feet of landing when it suddenly went straight up overHands off sticks at this point. 200 ft and then veered off uncontrolably for about a quarter mile. Then it came roaring back over homepoint past it and flew about 200 yards into a power pole. tore off the gimble, broke one prop and shattered one boom. then everything rolled within inches of the creek. I am not an experienced pilot (200 hrs on my Phantom 2 vision plus and about 40 hrs on the inspire) but I could certainly tell that it had taken its own control. Moral watch out

Last edited:
I was just bringing my Inspire back to Homepoint, manually in gps, in light wind (5 gusting to 10) It was within 20 feet of landing when it suddenly went straight up overHands off sticks at this point. 200 ft and then veered off uncontrolably for about a quarter mile. Then it came roaring back over homepoint past it and flew about 200 yards into a power pole. tore off the gimble, broke one prop and shattered one boom. then everything rolled within inches of the creek. I am not an experienced pilot (200 hrs on my Phantom 2 vision plus and about 40 hrs on the inspire) but I could certainly tell that it had taken its own control. Moral watch out

o_O And did you use a horse-hair brush or canned air to clean it?

I was out of canned air. I am too old to catch the horse, so I just took it to the carwash.

Just think camera cleaning. Same stuff. Canned air. Brush. Damp lint free cloth? Only then a dunk in the tub. And those slow landings into the dusty field...just say no. That's why I have to release our new portable helo landing zone. Just unfold, stake down and go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips