Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

16 min. Litchi Mission ...

Reaction score
Inspire 1 v2.0 with a T48 battery, winds < 8mph <150ft AGL --- 16 minutes should be well in the endurance envelope, no?

I would fly this in my P3P methinks (a little nervous) most likely as I've done so many times.

No worries????

I'm usually very conservative and over-plan. BTW, thought it doesn't matter much, but 90% of this is over salt water.

Your thoughts?

Inspire 1 v2.0 with a T48 battery, winds < 8mph <150ft AGL --- 16 minutes should be well in the endurance envelope, no?

I would fly this in my P3P methinks (a little nervous) most likely as I've done so many times.

No worries????

I'm usually very conservative and over-plan. BTW, thought it doesn't matter much, but 90% of this is over salt water.

Your thoughts?
Depends on the state of your batteries!
I would say to expect 16minutes comfortably (with some margin) out of a used TB48 is pushing things more than I personally would advocate.

Depends on the state of your batteries!
I would say to expect 16minutes comfortably (with some margin) out of a used TB48 is pushing things more than I personally would advocate.

Thanks for the note. It is a new T48 with less than 3 charges on it (shake downs, really). For this mission, I have changed some legs set to "cruising", which is set to 20mph. This brought the total time/distance to 14min/2.6m. I've got some ideas for testing purposes that mitigates the risk.

What is your personal threshold for time in the air on a newish T48 assuming very good flying conditions? Thank once more, good sir,

Thanks for the note. It is a new T48 with less than 3 charges on it (shake downs, really). For this mission, I have changed some legs set to "cruising", which is set to 20mph. This brought the total time/distance to 14min/2.6m. I've got some ideas for testing purposes that mitigates the risk.

What is your personal threshold for time in the air on a newish T48 assuming very good flying conditions? Thank once more, good sir,
I would say 14-14.5mins would be fine and allows for a margin of safety but 16mins (even on a new TB48) on an autonomous flight might be pushing into the ''no reserve if you needed it" territory.

Reactions: Tommas
Just try it. If the battery gets low break out of the mission and land. Then you’ll know.

Flight time also depends on wind direction, speed and if wind is gusty that's the worst for battery life. I would think, over water would be pretty windy. Why cant you break it into 2 missions? Or is it 8 minutes out and 8 minutes back?, in which case I wouldn't touch that mission unless I was making enough to cover a total loss of the bird.

Flight time also depends on wind direction, speed and if wind is gusty that's the worst for battery life. I would think, over water would be pretty windy. Why cant you break it into 2 missions? Or is it 8 minutes out and 8 minutes back?, in which case I wouldn't touch that mission unless I was making enough to cover a total loss of the bird.
Steve ... 8 out, 8 back, this is a filming mission. It's also an amended mission that was 6.5 out and 6.5 back, nearly same subject matter, and was done easily with a P3P, landing with 44% and was a terrific success (lacking humility this morning).

Due to obvious risk and subject redundancy, I've decided to scrap this one and move on. Originally I was planning on using a new Inspire for this but decided to use a P3P (free to me but needed some minor repairs) instead. As it is still a quite capable camera platform, I'm moving on. Thanks for the note.

Last edited:
It always sucks, big time, to turn down a gig, so I feel for you. I've had to turn some down (one where a guy wanted to get a shot flying THROUGH one of those giant building cranes while it was moving!).

Sometimes it's better to fold a good hand when raised if there is a small chance you you could get beat to protect your stack :D

I think you made the right choice which many times is the difference between an amateur and a pro (risk analysis).

Reactions: Avocet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido