Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

2 controllers and monitors

Reaction score
There is still the question whether or not to buy 2 controllers, one inspire 1 control and one camera control.
It sort of answers itself saying if you want that sort of control go for it.
Then the monitors, DJI says android or os 7.0 but do you need the internet signal, also do you do need the apps to run on these devices and the apps must be apple or android nothing pc based
So what devices could be purchased without getting into expensive iphones ,do these devices need 3g
a provider or is it just a android no provider and run the app .
There are 7 in screens for about 220.00 that have a hdmi in but is that going to be the answer as it looks like the app
does a lot more .
Anyone got ideas
The output from the inspire 1 is not clear

You don't need Internet 3g or 4g. Most modern android devices seem to be supported. No windows devices.

Thanks for the reply, so 2 android devices will allow 2 apps to run ,one for the inspire flight and one for the camera controls
so now the next question which 2 most reasonable android devices could one pick up and do they have to be phone or an android tablet
This is good as now I am getting to understand what I need to purchase and not make a mistake and buy the wrong thing.
Ipads might not be to reasonable compared to android as I would only use these 2 devices for flying

I've always avoided "Black Friday" deals because it seemed sacrilegious to focus on shopping when spending time with family on the Holidays. But I went out last night to get a good deal on an iPad mini! [emoji336]

I was just going ask what ipads were bought , here the ipad air 16gig is 439.00 ea
and the ipad mini 16gig is 279.00 ea
Size wise it would be nice to use the full ipad but money wise the mini sounds better
The inspire 1 cost just keeps going up but if you want to fly it with control and ease
that's the cost

I think you need at least the mini 2. I don't think the mini 1 is supported because it has the A5 processor and all the newer models have the A7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK so its ipad mini2 and an app in each one ,you don't need the internet and connected to the controllers,you will see what the inspire sees and youy can control the camera
Would it be cheaper to go android

but in conclusion you do not need a 3g 4g or an internet connection ,just a DEVICE (android or apple)to run the apps to get the software to run the camera
and the inspire 1(see where its going) RIGHT!!

nothing is stupid as all the inspire info is vague nothing black and white ,but there are 2 apps android and apple based
for full camera control and an app for the inspire ,that's what I see

Apple iPad mini 2 (ME276C/A) 7.9", A7 Chip, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Space Grey is this whats required?

@wood man That is what I bought this weekend on a good sale. But I'm keeping it in the package in case it turns out that cellular service is in fact required. But @Adam has assured us this is not the case! ;)

@wood man That is what I bought this weekend on a good sale. But I'm keeping it in the package in case it turns out that cellular service is in fact required. But @Adam has assured us this is not the case! ;)
I did the same. The Apple Holiday Return policy allows us to return it as late as January 8th, so, like you, I will keep it unopened, in the original package until I receive greater assurance that there is a GPS receiver embedded in the transmitter. I like and trust Adam, but folks make mistakes, and I don't want his to cost me $400.

Nothing in the draft manual suggests that there is a GPS receiver embedded in the transmitter.

I don't have an Inspire, but someone I know that is testing one stated that 1) Maps can be cached in the app by downloading before hand. You'll need to use the app to look at the areas where you'll be flying with an internet connection to "cache" the maps. 2) The transmitter has a built in GPS. But, he is testing a prototype, and anything can change before production....

At the end of the day, if you have an iPhone you can just wifi tether the iPad to it to get an Internet connection. Also, when tethering between iPad and iPhone the iPad picks up the gps location from the iPhone's gps chip.

Is it possible to use a Futaba controller for example and only one dji?
Let’s say using the Futaba to control de camera and DJI the drone.

Thank you.

Is it possible to use a Futaba controller for example and only one dji?
Let’s say using the Futaba to control de camera and DJI the drone.

Thank you.

No. Control of the Inspire is through lightbridge, not through traditional RC controls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry