Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

210 RTK - DataLink Pro 900 antenna wiring on controller

Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone come up with an elegant/tight solution for wiring the DAtalink Pro 900 controller wires? The included bracket is sized for the 400 series which has slightly thinner, and shorter antenna leads. The 900 version don't fit in the milled channel on the bracket, and also have about 5x more slack in the lead from the connector to the actual antenna.

Thanks in advance, and any photos you have to go along with your solution would be amazing.

I have attached some pictures of what I did with mine. I did not use the wire channel because the wires are too short. I agree the small antennas do not fit in the milled holder so I tie-wrapped them to the holder. Please see the attached pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 20
Hi JD, greatly appreciate the reply. However I am using the 900 and the antenna wires are quite a bit different. The leads are about 5x the length. I'll post pictures when I get back in the shop. It's really just a cable management thing but mildly annoying to have to do on a UAV worth more than a car.

Edit: See below for pictures. The leads on these antennas are just a hair thicker than the channels in the milled parts. Plus way too long. I'm considering designing up and 3d printing some sort of a loom/spool that's enclosed and will fit between the silver bracket and the rest of the parts if there aren't any good options otherwise. I am really not comfortable with having these antenna cables exposed. The sheath is very thin and I can see them getting damaged quite quickly/easily. My current setup will only be used to get the whole thing commissioned and updated.

Last edited:
Are you sure those antennas are for the model 900 radio? They look like the 400 model radio antennas. I received those antennas but they were for the 400 model. The set in my pictures is for the model 900 unless they have changed those antennas are now for the 900 model version? Different frequencies between the two version radios. The higher the frequency the smaller the antenna. The lower the frequency the bigger the antenna. My understanding was that the model 400 was not for use in the States. DJI gave me both model antennas in the kit for either radio but I only got one 900 model radio. Same as your picture shows. I am in Colorado. Where are you?

Are you sure those antennas are for the model 900 radio? They look like the 400 model radio antennas. I received those antennas but they were for the 400 model. The set in my pictures is for the model 900 unless they have changed those antennas are now for the 900 model version? Different frequencies between the two version radios. The higher the frequency the smaller the antenna. The lower the frequency the bigger the antenna. My understanding was that the model 400 was not for use in the States. DJI gave me both model antennas in the kit for either radio but I only got one 900 model radio. Same as your picture shows. I am in Colorado. Where are you?
I'm in Canada.

Hmm, the documentation I could find indicated that the grey, longer antennas pictured were for the 900 frequencies. That would be a great mistake if so, as the black ones fit without issue. I'll confirm.

Really wish documentation was more than a 4 page per language 8 language pamphlet.

Edit:
Page 5: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Datalink_Pro/DJI_DATALINK_PRO_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.0.pdf

As far as I can see, the 400 antenna has the thicker end with a very short stub, where the 900 has a longer tail after the thicker section.

Last edited:
I'm in Canada.

Hmm, the documentation I could find indicated that the grey, longer antennas pictured were for the 900 frequencies. That would be a great mistake if so, as the black ones fit without issue. I'll confirm.

Really wish documentation was more than a 4 page per language 8 language pamphlet.

Edit:
Page 5: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Datalink_Pro/DJI_DATALINK_PRO_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.0.pdf

As far as I can see, the 400 antenna has the thicker end with a very short stub, where the 900 has a longer tail after the thicker section.

The documentation is misleading. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.
JD

I am wondering if you were able to find out regarding which set of antennas to use for the Datalink Pro 900?

So I don't know for sure yet. Working with the vendor I purchased. Sounds like the shorter antennas should work fine. Grey may or may not offer some extended range on the datalink connection. Once I get things updated and the weather improves I plan on testing both to verify..

Ok thanks for the update. If the Grey antennas work then that would mean they are in the 900MHz frequency range. I didn't believe that to be the case. If the Grey antennas are 900MHz antennas then they would probably have more gain (power). I recall seeing information on the 400MHz radio and they showed the Grey (larger) antennas being used not the shorter black ones. I suppose if we had a signal generator we could test the different frequencies for each of the antenna types (sets). Please continue to let me know what you find out. It is Snowing here this morning so probably won't be flying my M210RTK or my Inspire 2.

I was just wondering if you were able to determine the correct antennas to use for your Datalink Pro 900 - Shorter black ones or the longer grey ones? Were you able to determine the frequency of the longer grey antennas? Thank in advance as I am still interested to know what you found out. Have a nice day.

I have attached some pictures of what I did with mine. I did not use the wire channel because the wires are too short. I agree the small antennas do not fit in the milled holder so I tie-wrapped them to the holder. Please see the attached pictures.
Actually a very good idea... and why didn't i think of that? For some reason the manual even states to keep them aligned (as far as height).
Mine stay in place using the little black square on them but from time to time, when i change the position of the crystalsky, the movement knocks them loose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44