Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

$300 Slightly broken inspire 1

Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling me an Inspire1 with 3 extra batteries but no controller with slight problems with it's GPS system and some scratches for $300. I have an Ipad mini4 which I can use as a controller and a Trackimo GPS tracking device to compensate for having GPS problem. Is it worth it when I can only use it to fly manually?

A friend of mine is selling me an Inspire1 with 3 extra batteries but no controller with slight problems with it's GPS system and some scratches for $300. I have an Ipad mini4 which I can use as a controller and a Trackimo GPS tracking device to compensate for having GPS problem. Is it worth it when I can only use it to fly manually?
You cannot use your iPad to fly the Inspire.
An I1 must be bound to a remote to enable it to function and to enable a camera feed since it is interleaved with the lightbridge signal to the controller.
A Trackimo will be of no use in alleviating GPS 'issues', the Inspire won't interface with it. It is simply a locating device.

I would be interested to know what GPS 'issues' means - if it is very poor reception then this usually indicates a cracked UBlox module which would imply the the aircraft has been subject to a crash at some point.

Last edited:
You cannot use your iPad to fly the Inspire.
An I1 must be bound to a remote to enable it to function and to enable a camera feed since it is interleaved with the lightbridge signal to the controller.
A Trackimo will be of no use in alleviating GPS 'issues', the Inspire won't interface with it. It is simply a locating device.

I would be interested to know what GPS 'issues' means - if it is very poor reception then this usually indicates a cracked UBlox module which would imply the the aircraft has been subject to a crash at some point.
The aircraft really shows some evidence of a crash. I have an old controller for my other inspire 1 and I plan to use it with the Ipadmini4. The problem is when using modes that rely on GPS it tends to fly-away(as per what my friend said). The Trackimo is just an insurance for fly-aways since the GPS doesn't work properly.

if its truely just the GPS module thats like a $50ish fix. as long as the center frame and lift mech arent bent, and no legs/arms are broken I'd buy it and just replace the Top shell and GPS. and see what happens. if not I'll buy it from your friend for $300 lol send me pics

Reactions: Mixchief

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD