Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

475 foot Smoke Stack Implosion

Reaction score
Website
www.bentonelectronics.com
Houston Chronicle "Pasadena residents may have heard several blasts Sunday at 10 a.m. as a planned implosion at the AES Deepwater plant along the Houston Ship Channel took down a 475-foot industrial chimney and decommissioned power production building."

This was shot with an Inspire 1 that belongs to the City of Pasadena, TX and used by my friend Eric.

Geo

lol. Nice vid. How does one get to use the towns quad? Where do I sign up?

Well the audio was likely dubbed on, I suspect from the TV video that was available. There were 3 or 4 TV stations there filming from the ground. Eric had been talking with the demo authorities for weeks to be able to get aerial footage. This happened yesterday (Sunday) morning and the event was dependent on the weather which has been rainy. I saw the news footage Sunday and in one of the shots I saw the Inspire flying right next to the stack. I knew he must have gotten to fly. I called him today and he sent this footage. He works in the Video Department.

If it were a Go Pro you would have heard props etc. I don't own an Inspire but instead a P2V. I can't comment on the quality of the video from experience. I do know it was the Inspire because Eric said it was and I saw it as I said in another video. They actually own a P2, P2V+, Inspire 1 and S1000. They mostly fly the Inspire 1 out of that bunch.

Geo

Last edited:
Well the audio was likely dubbed on, I suspect from the TV video that was available. There were 3 or 4 TV stations there filming from the ground. Eric had been talking with the demo authorities for weeks to be able to get aerial footage. This happened yesterday (Sunday) morning and the event was dependent on the weather which has been rainy. I saw the news footage Sunday and in one of the shots I saw the Inspire flying right next to the stack. I knew he must have gotten to fly. I called him today and he sent this footage. He works in the Video Department.

If it were a Go Pro you would have heard props etc. I don't own an Inspire but instead a P2V. I can't comment on the quality of the video from experience. I do know it was the Inspire because Eric said it was and I saw it as I said in another video. They actually own a P2, P2V+, Inspire 1 and S1000. They mostly fly the Inspire 1 out of that bunch.

Geo
I stand corrected and own it as usual. :) Great video and thanks for sharing!

Reactions: John Archer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry