Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK 50 metre/30 metre Regulation

Reaction score
So far I have not undertaken any work where this basic regulation has been an issue.
I've been approached to do some work in an area of housing.
On this forum I've seen references to leaflet drops for similar locations. I don't understand how a leaflet drop, followed by acceptance by the recipients, amounts to those people being under the control of the PiC.
Having gained the permission of people do they then have to be actively controlled or informed as flights progress?

So far I have not undertaken any work where this basic regulation has been an issue.
I've been approached to do some work in an area of housing.
On this forum I've seen references to leaflet drops for similar locations. I don't understand how a leaflet drop, followed by acceptance by the recipients, amounts to those people being under the control of the PiC.
Having gained the permission of people do they then have to be actively controlled or informed as flights progress?

All control refers to is basically saying you have their permission to class their vehicle, structure etc under your control. Which means if you have an accident your insurance would happily cover any costs as they gave consent to incorporate their property, vehicle etc into the operation. Of course you should notify them exactly when the flight is occurring as part of that

You need some form of signed document or email from them stating they are happy to agree this. We have a company form we get people to sign if they are within your 30m or 50m if your flying so low they will fall into it.

Ignore people doing dodgy things like just taking flyers as permission that is breaking the rules.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu