Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

9CinemaDNG & Apple ProRes Activation Key

Reaction score
I recently purchased an I2 from SSE through Amazon. There was a problem with the shipment and as a result SSE said they added CinemaDNG & Apple ProRes Activation Key to my order at no charge. They did not supply the key but said they added it at the point of sale. My question is how do I check to make sure this was truly added?

I was going to try that but DJI Assistant wouldn't work on my computer. When I called DJI they told me there was a problem with Windows 10 and DJI Assistant and I need to get a different computer that was a MAC or had a program other than Windows 10.

I was going to try that but DJI Assistant wouldn't work on my computer. When I called DJI they told me there was a problem with Windows 10 and DJI Assistant and I need to get a different computer that was a MAC or had a program other than Windows 10.
WELL???? I have a Mac.....and I have a Mac that runs Windows 10....I have connected to both....so, I'm not sure what they are saying???

Kirk

I recently purchased an I2 from SSE through Amazon. There was a problem with the shipment and as a result SSE said they added CinemaDNG & Apple ProRes Activation Key to my order at no charge. They did not supply the key but said they added it at the point of sale. My question is how do I check to make sure this was truly added?
That's a sizable addition to your Inspire 2 money-wise.

I don't have the answer to your question but can tell you the Apple ProRes is a valuable addition. Cinema DNG could be but I've not found many clients who want the massive files it delivers.

Not being able to run DJI Assistant 2 on your computer is a serious problem. You need a USB-A to USB-A (male ends) cable (preferably about 6' long) and Assistant 2 running to keep the I2 firmware updated. Since your I2 typically wouldn't be right next to your computer, the long cable makes firmware updating easier.

Also, note that the serial number/license for the two are locked to your specific I2 and can't be easily transferred to another I2. It requires interaction with DJI that would be impossible in the field if you had a problem with your I2 and wanted the two licenses on another aircraft.

Easiest way to check is to use DJI Go 4! Go to the video settings and see if you can enable the CinemaDNG or ProRes options for recording. If you can, great, they're ready to go. However, if you can't enable them, and they have a $ symbol next to their names, then the licenses aren't installed/activated. At that point you need to use Assistant 2 to check and see if you can reactivate/install the license if its present.

Easiest way to check is to use DJI Go 4! Go to the video settings and see if you can enable the CinemaDNG or ProRes options for recording. If you can, great, they're ready to go. However, if you can't enable them, and they have a $ symbol next to their names, then the licenses aren't installed/activated. At that point you need to use Assistant 2 to check and see if you can reactivate/install the license if its present.
You will also have to have an ssd installed as neither prorez or cinemadng will write to an sd card

I have DJI assistant on my Windows 10 system and have no problems. Do you have antivirus program installed?

Do you have any CINESSD sticks? I have the 120G stick but haven't bought the keys yet and when I tried recording RAW/JPEG to the stick, it displayed a message on my tablet that I don't have the license keys loaded yet. Plus I think you have to do it through the Assist program.

I was looking to buy the key and bought my X5S gimbal through B&H Video. I specifically asked if the X5S came with the keys and they lied to me and said yes. 3 weeks of battling with them they finally had the balls to tell me they don't sell the license. I stopped doing business with them after that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan