Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A couple questions...???

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It's an exciting day! My new inspire just arrived and I have just started diving into all the fun setup stuff! I have a ton of unanswered questions, but I'll just ask the most important ones.

1. I can't seem to find where to calibrate the IMU. I see the screen that shows the current IMU settings, but no calibrate button.

2. I changed my measurements to be imperial, but whenever I go to se settings like RTH failsafe altitude, it's showing it in metric which I don't know how to convert in the fly?

3. Is it safe to fly without the camera gimbal attached? If I want to fly without the camera, do I just put the cover over the camera lock and it's ok to fly like that?

4. I wanted to check for all current firmware updates to both the controller and I1, but when I see aircraft status it says "all firmware is current." So if the I1 or even the controller needed any updates would it automatically show that in this section?

I think those are the most important ones for now. If you also think of anything else important that I didn't mention that you think I should be checking also, please post it along with the answers to my questions!

Thanks!

-Clint

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Clint,

A lot of this is answered in the Inspire Manual and Quick Start Guide. ;)

1. Select Mode, scroll down to Advanced Settings, then Sensors, then scroll down to Calibrate. Make sure you're on a level surface and start with a cold craft (meaning hasn't been powered on for long).

2. There is no way to set max altitude or RTH altitude in feet. Use your higher math skills. o_O

3. Yes you can, and yes that's OK. However, you will not have the camera view, obviously.

4. Yes it would tell you if firmware needs updating, as long as the tablet is connected to the internet. The app itself will let you know when a new app version is available (at least the iOS version on the App Store).

Happy Flying, and enjoy your new Inspire. Start easy and stay safe.

Clint,

A lot of this is answered in the Inspire Manual and Quick Start Guide. ;)

1. Select Mode, scroll down to Advanced Settings, then Sensors, then scroll down to Calibrate. Make sure you're on a level surface and start with a cold craft (meaning hasn't been powered on for long).

2. There is no way to set max altitude or RTH altitude in feet. Use your higher math skills. o_O

3. Yes you can, and yes that's OK. However, you will not have the camera view, obviously.

4. Yes it would tell you if firmware needs updating, as long as the tablet is connected to the internet. The app itself will let you know when a new app version is available (at least the iOS version on the App Store).

Happy Flying, and enjoy your new Inspire. Start easy and stay safe.

Trust me! I scoured the manual on these things.
I could see where the numbers are for the IMU settings, but that's it. There is no scrolling in that page for me, I couldn't see anything about calibrating. I think my app has issues. I thought the new app update might have changed it somewhere else, but I'll have to look into it further I guess...

The altitude for RTH was changeable to feet in the phantom assistant software, so I was assuming they changed that here as well and since mine kept showing meters I figured again my app was doing something weird, especially since after changing the video setting from PAL to NTSC, I went back later and it was suddenly changed back to PAL..????

I'm glad I asked about the firmware, cause I was following everyone's tip on here to put my iPhone/tablet in airplane mode during app operation with the I1, so I'm not sure I was seeing an accurate update of what the firmware might be. I'll check it again this time with WIFI turned on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla