Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A video signal, DJI Go, and general issues

Reaction score
I picked up an I1 fairly cheap so now I'm trying to fix the little issues that are showing up. First is a lack of video image on the DJI go app. It connects to the aircraft no problem but I get no video transmission at all. Canberra functions seem to respond correctly. It does the power up dance and responds properly when I use the controller controls but in the app it acts line no camera is attached.

Next issue has to do with the app on my iPad. The Android app works perfectly. Aside from previously mentioned issues. But if I attach the iPad here's what happens. Attach iPad to controller turn on controller. Open the DJI go app and it recognizes the controller. Turn on the aircraft and as soon as it connects within 5 seconds the app closes. Updated the iPad to current ios fresh download of the DJI Go app.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get firmware versions for everything without using the app.

The bird is an inspire 1 v1
Camera x3
IPad mini 4
Android device LG v40
Finally got the firmware version. 1.7.8 I think I'd like to upgrade to 1.8 if someone has the bin for it.

Last edited:
Ok a little bit of an update, I don't know what I did but through various up and downgrades I managed to get the iPad stable. The DJI go app no longer crashes and quits when the AC connects to the controller.

That said, I have done a few more things and I'm not sure what's going on but... Well here's the current situation:

Boot up the AC and the gimbal does it's dance and reacts to the wheel and stick controls. It rotates up and down and the app shows its position but no picture. I don't seem to be getting any response from the shutter. It isn't taking any video or photo. The app doesn't give any camera options at all and there is no firmware info for the camera. The bird is on 1.9 firmware.

I tried downgrading to 1.8 and reflashing the 1.9 but neither seems to do anything. It's as if the camera itself isn't there but the gimbal motors are. When I try up or downgrading I turn the AC on it blinks Benn then blue then green then blue then rapid been and back to the paced green searching for the rc. It makes no sound other than the DJI startup boo doo dooo.

Some more tinkering, bird and remote both working fine. Gimbal is still the falling point. DJI go app reports gimbal disconnected and doesn't see the SD card at all.

I've cleaned the gimbal contacts and pins. I've pulled the pins up slightly, cleaned the pins both contacts and pins cleaned with eraser and then alcohol. Still no joy.

So far leaving the bird ok I've not seen the x3 kick it's cooling fan on at all. Not sure this is normal or not.

I still have full control of the gimbal position but it's not taking pictures or video that I can tell.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok a little bit of an update, I don't know what I did but through various up and downgrades I managed to get the iPad stable. The DJI go app no longer crashes and quits when the AC connects to the controller.

That said, I have done a few more things and I'm not sure what's going on but... Well here's the current situation:

Boot up the AC and the gimbal does it's dance and reacts to the wheel and stick controls. It rotates up and down and the app shows its position but no picture. I don't seem to be getting any response from the shutter. It isn't taking any video or photo. The app doesn't give any camera options at all and there is no firmware info for the camera. The bird is on 1.9 firmware.

I tried downgrading to 1.8 and reflashing the 1.9 but neither seems to do anything. It's as if the camera itself isn't there but the gimbal motors are. When I try up or downgrading I turn the AC on it blinks Benn then blue then green then blue then rapid been and back to the paced green searching for the rc. It makes no sound other than the DJI startup boo doo dooo.
It's always useful to know the Firmware versions on both your camera and remote controller as this may be at the root of the issue, but I must admit there may be some issues with the camera itself influencing the connection concerns, hard to determine without further diagnostics. eg. exchanging your camera with another, or possibly onto another I1 may be helpful.
In any regard, your findings would certainly be useful to others with similar concerns. : )
A few things to generally note :
1. AC and RC MUST be on compatible firmware .
2. Check the cable from the Gimbal to the Aircraft is seated and not kinked or not seated all the way into the socket, look closely use a flashlight and magnifying glass .

3. When rolling back or updating f/w, make sure that only one device is ( updating) at a time, having them both updating at the same time can corrupt the Video module on the AC, and may require return to Dji for further eval. or repair.
4. Updating the Aircraft is always FIRST.
5. Keeping the last update on the SD card is generally not recommended , there have been reports that this may cause some video issues. Always good to format the SD card, or simply try another during this process of elimination.
6. Also, for your reading entertainment:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan