Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Actually X5 Sample Footage (NOT X5R)

Interesting. So basically we will have to wait and see actual footage to determine if the video quality is improved at 4k. From a still camera point of view it sounds awesome though
Based on experience with DJI I think it's better to wait and see what this camera will show us.First,before this camera will be avaliable weeks will pass.:(Second before I spend my money(much money) I will ask my dealer if I can test the X5 and see how it's handling with my Inspire.

I think people have forgotten that this is a completely new playing field. These aerial cameras systems are cutting edge, everyone on this forum is an early adopter and with that comes problems. DJI is not perfect, but they are pushing the limits in RTF aerial systems. The X5 is a great step, but its only a step, there will be better cameras after the X5.

I think people have forgotten that this is a completely new playing field. These aerial cameras systems are cutting edge, everyone on this forum is an early adopter and with that comes problems. DJI is not perfect, but they are pushing the limits in RTF aerial systems. The X5 is a great step, but its only a step, there will be better cameras after the X5.
Your statement would apply to the portion of the camera relating to the camera being a flying camera. Everything else such as bit rate is common to all other cameras. Regardless, they are charging good money for these so they should be worth the money and that is yet to be seen.

I have heard no one talk about using the x5 with the original Inspire 1. It would be really good to hear from anyone who has had experience updating the Inspire 1 with these rigs. Certainly, if DJI is making these cameras available as a retrofit, they must have some experience testing and field testing. Why are no details available about this? Or have I missed them. Is the retrofit easy to do? What are flight times? I've heard some talk about having to extend landing gear? Is there any real information about this? Are people just ordering the X5 for their existing Inspire 1 units without any data or feedback from those who have done this?

That is no problem at all. You just need the Inspire Pro Vibration Isolation plate. They are $99 and come standard on the Inspire Pro of course. Also, I believe, slightly longer landing legs are also included with X5's for the X3 upgrade.

X5 has to hold for broadcast if not for me is a waste of money

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD