UK Advice on potential commerciality to footage please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hands free. Your post helped me though. I have been waiting for an M600 to arrive and this morning I canceled the order. I only use my drone for work so I feel I can get by with what I have. I just dont see the point of spending time and money to get licensed while others dont go by the rules. 90% of my income is producing tv commercials anyway so the drone work has really been a loss. I think you are right. it will be easier to use a helicopter soon. I dont really want to hand my license in but I might be better off hiring an unlicensed operator to do my work. He will charge me next to nothing and use his own drone. Sounds like a plan.

Sadly, a very good point well made....... helicopter is becoming a commercial possibility again at a time when I thought I wouldn't be flying one again. The unlicensed operator is sadly probably the most efficient way to go. Assuming that you cant be prosecuted for using footage obtained in such a way. In which case you would have to dob yourself in LOL

I thought of that but they get away with it. I could also sayI took the footage on my license if it was a problem.

If you call it a hobby then the client will not be able to post it online.

One flies 2 miles.. next day, someone else flies 3 miles.... and it goes on.
/
He said he was going to fly over private property to film a job for someone who was going to make money from his footage.
I would suggest a few folks get off their high horses and concentrate on what your doing and what going on in your locality rather than trying the police the Internet.

Its a Civil War on the Hobbyist by The International Pro's
In The United States of America its a difference between a pro and a hobbyist footage
@DennisR you should move
The U.S rocks, IMHO
Fly your drone post some Pootube footage its all good

PS this should be a U.S. only emoji...

Status
Not open for further replies.